Chapter Twenty

A/N: Thank you for 700 reads! <3 Sorry for the late update at night! :)

Weeping Grief

Present:

Time passed quickly and Itachi was soon back in my arms. A couple weeks passed before another mission was dispatched, which meant times were pretty peaceful before Sasori and Deidara left to retrieve the fifth Kazekage and One-Tails Shukaku holder, Gaara. I vaguely remembered Naruto telling me about the boy, I felt a bit of pity for him since he would soon perish.
I sighed as I leaned against the couch, my boredom had decided to pop up since I had no one to talk to. Hours ago, Zetsu had reported that Sasori and Deidara successfully retrieved the Jinchuriki, which meant Itachi and everyone else left to go seal him.
     I groaned loudly. "Stay here, he said, we will be back shortly, love, he said. Ugh, Itachi, five hours isn't shortly. I have to wait three days till I get to see you again, what the heck." I mumbled in annoyance as I stood from the couch, rubbing my tummy lightly.
     "I know, I know, you're hungry. I'm walking, child, give me a damn moment." I mumbled to myself again as I scoured the kitchen for food. Unfortunately, we didn't have anything that satisfied my cravings. My mood took a full turn.
     "What the hell?! Konan doesn't buy decent food, no wonder she's skinny as hell. I don't want salads and non-fatty shit, I want the good meat that Itachi cooks! Ugh, being alone sucks, I should get out more." I talked to myself numbly as I opened the fridge again. Nope, nothing.
     As much I hated it, I ate the salads without much complaint- nah, screw that, I complained a shit ton. Every bite was a disaster, but at the end I didn't even care anymore. Food is food, am I right?
     Three long days stretched out painfully and soon, Itachi was back in my arms at last. I balled my eyes out when he came back and he soothingly patted my back and hugged me tighter.
     "It was horrible!" I sobbed loudly as many Akatsuki members looked at me strangely. "I ate salad! Salad, Itachi!"
"I see, that is absolutely horrible, Y/N. How about I cook you some meat? Will that make you feel better, love?" Itachi asked lovingly as my eyes lit up and I nodded vigorously. He headed to the kitchen and I followed closely behind like his shadow.
"That kid knows her like the back of his hand, huh? Reads her like a book." Kisame stated as he chuckled afterwards, leaving to his quarters.
After twenty minutes, Itachi had the steak ready and in front of me. He cut it into small pieces and let me dig in, washing the dishes and patting my head afterwards.
"Report to the meeting room." A raspy voice told us as I saw Zetsu seep back into the ground.
I looked at Itachi as he grabbed my arm lightly and used the teleportation justu to send us there in seconds. I sat down in my chair hastily and Itachi sat next to me, Kisame taking the other side.
I looked around and one seat was empty, Sasori's, I wonder where he went. I looked at Pain next and his face was just as usual so I looked at Konan, who held a bit of grief in her eyes.
"This is not one of our usual meetings, Akatsuki members, this meeting is to announce that something has occurred that will lengthen our goal. Since I see you all are curious, I will tell you. Sasori of the Red Sands is dead." Pain announced grimly as the rest of the room stayed silent, processing what was just said.
"What the hell? I didn't think he'd be the first of us to fucking die." Hidan pondered aloud as he sent Deidara a sympathetic look. This must've made him feel bad for once, wow.
"S-Sasori's dead?" I whispered quietly as my eyes glassed over. "W-What? How?" I asked silently, Itachi squeezed my hand comfortingly.
"Sakura Haruno from the Leaf and Lady Chiyo from the Sand assassinated him while Deidara was away chasing the nine-tails Jinchuriki." Pain answered as he stood and bowed, leaving along with Konan. "I will leave you to your grieving."
     I shuffled uncomfortably in my seat as the room stayed quiet. Slowly, Kakuzu, Kisame and Zetsu left, leaving only me, Itachi, Deidara and Hidan to grieve. Hidan stood and gave Deidara a pat on the back, leaving afterwards. Itachi squeezed my hand and gave me a knowing look, leaving me and Deidara to comfort each other.
     This is when Deidara really broke. I sat up quickly and pulled him into a tight hug, sobbing on his shoulder as he did on my'n. I put my arms around his neck as I sobbed uncontrollably, Sasori was my friend after all.
Deidara hugged my waist tightly, softly sobbing as I played with his hair to calm him down.
Our sniffling slowly ended and we let go of each other, I grabbed Deidara's face and kissed both his cheeks, clearing his eyes of tears at the same time. I put my forehead next to his, looking him gently in the eyes. "I'm here if you ever need me, Deidara." I stated before hugging him again, he nodded and hugged me back tightly.
"Thank you, Y/N." He muttered sadly as we linked arms and left. We gave each other sympathetic looks and split ways, Itachi waited for me patiently.
He intertwined our fingers and led me to our room, pulling me into a loving embrace. I limply laid in his arms as he set us on the bed to relax. I had let out all my tears with Deidara, I had none else to spill.
I merely sniffled and sunk into Itachi's embrace and soon enough, I had fallen asleep. Itachi kept stroking my hair to calm me and soon he too, fell asleep. We laid in each other's arms comfortingly, our hearts beating together.