Chapter Eighteen

A/N: Thank you for 500 reads! <3

Confession

Present:

     I stood in front of the kitchen with my apron tightly wrapped around my waist, flipping the spatula repeatedly as I cooked breakfast for Itachi, who lazily lounged on the couch in the next room.
     Or so I thought.
      I felt arms wrap around my waist lazily and heard a content sigh. I leaned backwards into his touch a little and he kissed my temple lovingly.
     "Good morning, Itachi." I pulled out the two plates next to me and laid the eggs on top carefully as he yawned.
     "Good morning, love." He replied as he began to fully awaken. Oh dear, the beast has been awakened. He lightly nibbled on my neck and I slapped his arm.
     "No, breakfast first." I joked as he let go of me and scoffed playfully.
     "Y/N, since when has breakfast ever come first? I can give you breakfast-"
     "Itachi! How about you do just that and cook tomorrow, huh? I've been cooking the whole time!" I paused and thought for a little bit, and an idea flashed in my mind. "Wait, can someone use the Mangekyo Sharingan to cook perfectly?"
     "I suppose so." Itachi replied as he grabbed the plates from my hands and placed them on the table. He grabbed my hands and lightly smiled at me, I smiled back and we sat down to eat.
     The next morning, Itachi did what I asked and cooked up breakfast, perfectly. I gasped and hugged him tightly when I saw the plates in his hand.
     I told him yesterday how I was craving steak, and he made steak for breakfast. That's not even a breakfast food, but you know what? I don't care.
     I eagerly sat down and took a big whiff of the juicy steak situated in front of me, but something was wrong?
     I ran to the bathroom.
     I threw up and within a second, Itachi was by my side holding my hair out of my face. After a couple minutes, I washed my mouth out thoroughly and walked back to the table with Itachi by my side.
     "Perhaps it was expired already?" Itachi stood in front of it with a curious expression, something popped up in his head but he shook his head. "Or..."
     "Itachi, are you okay?" I asked quietly as he turned to look at me in a pondering way. He merely nodded and threw the steak away.
     "What do you crave at the moment, love?" Itachi asked me as he put the apron on again, waiting for my response.
     "Ramen." I stated happily as I sat down again.
     "It will be ready soon then." Itachi replied and got to work, smiling at me every once in a while.
     Soon enough, a steaming bowl of ramen was placed in front of me. I took a big whiff and sighed contentedly, but a couple memories of Naruto flooded me. I took no mind to them and began digging in.
     Over the next couple of days, I had been craving many things and Itachi complied to me without a single complaint. I keep thinking about how I pulled such a catch, and of how hot he looks in an apron.
     Soon, it was time to go back to the base and we did, grudgingly. I mean, I really enjoyed spending time with him. We finished packing and left hurriedly, not wanting to suffer the wrath of Konan or Pain and after arriving, we immediately went to our room and set everything back.
     I kissed Itachi lightly and we sat down on the bed together, laying down with each other in our arms.
Hours later, after my nap, I woke up to find Itachi walking into the room with a tray of food. My eyes lit up and I sat up quickly, patting my lap so he could place the food down quickly.
I smelled the food in front of me and dug in hastily. I ate quickly and my stomach rumbled, my face heated up when Itachi lightly chuckled.
"I'll go fetch you more, love."
I finished my second plate quickly and sighed happily, patting my stomach with a small smile. Itachi laid down next to me and hugged me loosely, a serene smile etched onto his dazzling features.
"Y/N, the question I'm about to ask may be strange, but have you commenced your menstrual cycle yet?" Itachi asked me curiously, I just shrugged and shook my head.
"Nope, not yet."
"How long has it been since then?"
I paused to think. "About a month and a half? I'm not sure, it'll start soon though." I told him as I caressed his cheek slowly, he sunk into my touch.
"Y/N, what if we were to conceive a child?" Itachi asked me seriously, I smiled at him and he relaxed.
"I would love you even more, Itachi, and I'd love the child the same." He nuzzled into me and sighed contently.
"When would you like to have one?"
I pondered at this and replied. "I mean, maybe around now? We are in the Akatsuki, but we have good relations with everyone so I don't think they'd mind. We just got married though and I'm not sure if that's moving too quick. What do you think?"
"I don't see why not. After all, we do have everyone to help us." Itachi replied smoothly as he rested his arm from my waist onto my stomach. He traced circles on my bare stomach and looked at me in silent question. "Y/N, can I tell you something important?"
I looked at him curiously and nodded, encouraging him. "Sure."
"You're pregnant." He stated nonchalantly with an almost unnoticeable smirk.
"I'm what?!"