Chapter Fourteen

The Next Step

Present:

     I walked cautiously towards Pain's office with Itachi by my side, a grimace settled on my features. I could feel the anxiety gnawing at my insides, what would he tell me? Would he kick me out? Maybe kill me? Okay, maybe I'm overthinking things.
     Itachi grabbed my hand and squeezed it lightly, looking at me with a small smile signaling that everything would be okay. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.
     I could feel my heart thumping as I opened the door to Pain's office, I didn't know what to expect, but fuck it! Nothing ventured nothing gained, right?
     "Ah, Y/N, I'm glad you've returned. Itachi?" Pain looked at him with a stare and Itachi squeezed my hand one last time before leaving, his usual stoic expression in place.
     "It's good to be back!" I told him as I just breathed and quit being so tense, I smiled slightly at him and he stood.
     Much to my surprise, he bowed, he bowed! I widened my eyes a little with shock, what did I just witness? "I apologize for putting you on such a mission alone, I should have thought it through more. My bad, it won't happen again."
     "Oh, no! It's not your bad. I should've paid more attention to my surroundings! I didn't think Orochimaru would appear, I lowered my guard. It's my bad!" I stuttered a little at first, but then managed to stand straight and bow back.
     "Nonetheless, my bad. A new mission will be dispatched soon, so be on your guard. Dismissed." Pain sat back down and I nodded, turning back and leaving afterwards.
     Itachi stood outside the door and grabbed my hand. "I told you all would go well, Y/N." I nodded at him and we walked together for a while. He took me to his room and he smiled at me, I looked at him suspiciously.
"Why'd you take me to your room?" I asked, my eyes squinted and a brow raised.
"You see, you don't have your own room so Pain suggested you could stay in my room, is there a problem?" Itachi asked innocently with the cutest angel face I'd ever seen, damn him and his face!
I choked on air and leaned on the wall with an arm. "No, there's so problem at all, Itachi." I smiled at him with a sickeningly sweet expression and he chuckled a bit.
"What, do you not want to stay with me? I thought you loved me, dear Y/N." I groaned and he poked me in the forehead with two fingers, smiling at me.
"You know I do, Itachi! Fine, but if you try anything I swear." I looked into his bed and all my stuff was there. When did he put it there? Ah, never mind, it is Itachi we're talking about.
I put everything away in the places Itachi told me I could and sighed as I jumped on the bed, my necklace jumping out of my Akatsuki robe.
"I see you still wear it." Itachi told me as he sat down and took the necklace, which was still around my neck, into his hand. "I'm glad you like it."
Since he grabbed my necklace, it pulled me closer to him and I scoffed playfully. "I don't like it," I stated as I put a finger into the air. "I love it!" Itachi sighed in relief and chuckled at me, caressing my cheek in the meantime.
"You're adorable, you know that?" Itachi let go of my necklace and kissed me slowly, I closed my eyes and leaned onto him, wrapping my arms around his neck.
He pulled me onto his lap and we continued, one hand of his wrapping around my waist and other playing with my hair. I did the same to him, but I would lightly pull it whenever he would bite my lip or tease me.
The door was busted open and we both stopped, snapping out of our state. Tobi stood at the door with Hidan by his side. Now that, that right there, was an odd pairing.
"Tobi, I thought I told you to knock dumbass! I just told you I heard noises from inside, they were about to fuck!" Hidan shouted at Tobi with his loud voice, Tobi stomped the ground with one foot and stood to his actual height.
"Hidan-senpai! That's exactly why we needed to stop it!" Tobi flailed his arms around and I cleared my throat loudly, standing up from my position on Itachi's lap.
"Tobi! Hidan!" I shouted at them loudly as I stomped towards them, pulling up my Akatsuki robe sleeve. They both yelped in pain as I punched both their heads, they accidentally bumped heads and fell onto their backsides.
Tobi quickly bowed repeatedly, apologizing, until he ran off with Hidan behind him. I clicked my tongue and turned to Itachi, a huge blush burning my cheeks as I realized what we were doing.
Itachi simply chuckled lightly and stood, walking towards me with a playful smirk. I grunted and crossed my arms, turning away from him.
He wrapped an arm around me and pulled to his chest, I could feel his head next to my ear. "Aren't you going to punish me? After all, you did tell me that if I tried anything you swore you'd do something. Was that all talk?"
"Obviously, Itachi, you know I can't lay a finger on you." I huffed and couldn't help but smile a bit. I turned and hugged him.
"We'll see about that, dearest Y/N." Itachi whispered darkly in my ear as he closed the door loudly and led me to his bed. Needless to say, we finished what we started.