Chapter Twelve

A/N: Thank you for 200 reads! <3

The Rare Second Chance

Present:

     I didn't know how many days had passed, could've been months for all I know. I was bored so I sighed, wishing for the hundredth-no, thousandth time that I wasn't captured.
     Everyday, I'd been brought under strict supervision to the place where they'd try to break into my mind and see my memories. They'd had no luck with that, as I told Tsunade, but they kept trying anyways.
     My life was like a cycle now and it sucked. I hadn't seen the light of day for who knows how long. All I wanted was to just escape, or see him for a last time. That was what kept me sane, seeing him again.
     To tell him I love him, that I miss him, and to kiss him all over his face telling him how beautiful and incredible he is. This made me grip my necklace even tighter, wishing for his comfort and the sound of his voice.
     This made me think of the others, how were they? Had they forgotten about me? What about Kakashi? Did he hate me? I had so many questions that I felt would never get answered.
     I heard the door shuffle again and a squad of Anbu Black Ops entered the room. "Didn't they already test me earlier? Geez, is it gonna be two times a day now?" I asked tiredly as I stood up.
     Many of them approached me and surrounded me, I knew what they were implying so I followed them. I was in the Anbu years ago, after all.
     They quickly led me to the Hokage's office and I looked at Tsunade curiously. She stood up as we entered the room and they pushed me onto my knees, so much for fair treatment right?
     "Y/N L/N, I have decided to give you a rare second chance. Sasuke Uchiha has gone rogue under the influence of Orochimaru's curse mark. I trust you know who that is?"
     I nodded and sighed. "Of course I know who he is, he joined the Akatsuki after all. He left but I never received word of him again, still up to the forbidden jutsu hunt I assume." Tsunade nodded and continued speaking.
     "You will be put under surveillance by your team, which will consist of those who you considered friends long ago. It has been three months since you were captured, use this opportunity wisely or you'll be in captivity for the rest of your life. Dismissed!" She shouted as the Anbu Black Ops disappeared.
     I stood up and started leaving, I turned to her and smiled. "Thanks, Tsunade." I left and received my stuff, I'd have to live in the trees or something. Guess I deserved that, right?
     I walked to the training grounds and froze on the spot, everyone was there, training. I looked for Sasuke, but then I sadly remembered he left. I gasped lightly as someone noticed me. "Y/N?!" Naruto exclaimed, aghast. Everyone turned to look at me, and I hurriedly turned around and started walking away.
     "Not so fast." Neji came up in front of me with a stern look. "You have much to explain." I looked around and everyone had surrounded me, they eyed me with suspicion and it began eating away at me.
     I put my stuff down and got on my knees, sitting on my heels as I put my forehead to the ground. "I'm sorry. I'm so, so, sorry." I begged as I bowed to them, this didn't even slightly express how much I felt.
     Neji grabbed my hands and pulled me up, giving me a small smile. "You have nothing to be bowing for, Y/N." He said as lowered me down and wiped my tears away.
     "You're still so cute." I sniffled as I looked at everyone else, Kakashi looked a bit restless and I could relate. I probably didn't look too good.
     "Y-Y/N... i-is it true? Are you... really a part of... the Akatsuki?" Hinata asked quietly as she stepped forward. I nodded at her.
     "Yes, but I will never harm you guys. Especially you, Naruto, I wouldn't dream of it." He stepped forward and I put two fingers up, poking him in the forehead with a small smile. I never thought I'd pull an Itachi.
     He touched the spot I poked him with his hand and gave me the brightest smile I'd ever seen.
     "Y/N? You seem thinner, did they feed you well? I know how rough the Anbu Black Ops can be. Come to my place, I'll make you something. It'll be like the old days." Kakashi smiled at me and honestly, it was refreshing.
     "I'm glad you're okay, Y/N." Tenten smiled at me and I smiled at her back, giving her a pat on the shoulder for managing with her team by herself.
     "Y/N-sensei! I knew all along that your youth would help you!" Lee gave me a thumbs up with a smile and I patted his head happily, man I missed this kid.
     "What a drag, you actually had me worried."
     "Shikamaru! Don't be like that!" Ino lightly slapped him and he sighed, turning away and mumbling something about 'women are so troublesome'. Choji nodded and continued eating his favorite chips.
     "Y-Y/N, I'm glad... you're ok." Hinata smiled at me and I hugged her.
     "Have you asked him yet?" I asked her quietly and she shook her head vigorously, her cheeks heating up quickly as she glanced at her little ball of sunshine.
     "Y/N, I guess I'm glad you're ok." Kiba joked as I huffed at him, ruffling his hair underneath his fluffy hood. Akamaru jumped up at me and licked my face, I kept petting him with a small smile.
     "Y/N, I'm surprised that you made it out alive." Shino told me as he pushed his eyewear up.
     "Gee, Shino, what a warm welcome!" I remarked sarcastically as I patted his shoulder with a smile.
     "You're welcome." He replied seriously, I couldn't help but chuckle.
     We made plans to eat at Ichiraku Ramen as Guy, Kurenai and Asuma already waited there for their teams. We began walking and I looked back at them, and up at the sky.
      "Man, it's good to be back!" I shouted as I threw a fist into the air with a huge smile.