Chapter 3

Exhaling, I gazed at myself in the mirror, the elegant (F/C) dress tight around my corset, loosening around my hips and thickening at the base, giving it a noticeable poof around the edge. black/white (whichever suits best) lace coiled from the base to the top like ivy, surreal and supernatural looking. Finally she sorted my hair and makeup, doing my hair in my favourite style and putting pale eye-shadow on me, and shimmering red lipstick. Finally, I had (F/C) stiletto heels on my feet, making me seem taller than i was, and make my ankles feel easier to snap than a twig.

I turned back to Helga and grabbed her in a hug, smiling widely. "Thank you Helga..." Slowly she pulls away and laughs. "No problem Prinzessin, now go get yourself a prince." she smiles and teases. Nodding, I curtsey and walk down to the ballroom.

Music erupted through the moment I opened the doors, swarms of people dancing together and enjoying themselves. Each note from the violas the cellos and the harpsichords harmonized near-perfectly, my harpsichord playing mind recognising the tune. 'I was expecting a small meet-up, not a gigantic party!' I gulped, making my way through the people to my mother and father.

The marble columns (that were solely for decoration) had stories of Axeobritian heroes carved in, flawless and delicate. The varnished wood flooring glimmered and reflected the soft light emanating from the candelabras. Between the two rows of columns was an intricately made, red carpet leading up from the door to some small steps to three thrones, my father's large, golden one in the centre, My mother's shining silver one to the left and my small, bronze on on his right. The band played in the corner near the door,

"Father! I wasn't expecting such a big turnout... how many of them are my suitors?" I sigh.

"There's only five, two of them are from the same country." father says. "Would you like to meet them all?"

"I think that would be best, dear." My mother cut in, sending me a smile. She looked so beautiful, in her crown and dress and with her hair so wonderfully done.

My father nods before gently flicking his crystal glass, sending the signal noise throughout the room. Silence settled in as all of the men in the room bowed in our direction (apart from two) and all the women curtsied (apart from one).

"Now that my daughter has arrived, we need all of the eligible suitors to step forward and meet her one by one and in an appropriate manner. To all other guests, please, continue your party!"

The party-goers continue their soiree apart from five young men and a woman who stood behind two perfectly identical suitors. They all looked different, clearly from the different countries. Taking a few moments to make my way over, I saw Alexander from the corner of my eye,his eyes full of rage. His fists were clenched in his armour as he watched me. Looking away, i put my focus on my suitors. I stepped forwards and curtsied to them in respect. "I-It's a pleasure to meet you all..."

Three of the men did the same, bowing lowly.

"We don't bow to anyone but emperors." The two twins said, eyes narrowed at me.

The woman between them smiled evilly, her pearly teeth shining. upon her head was a large crown, adorned with jewels incomparable. her make-up was pale but ethereally beautiful as she stared at me, emerald green eyes shining. Escaping her crown was tangled of bright red locks, hanging around her back. Her clothes were beautiful and classy, but with a savagery behind them from the sheer amount of fur on it.

The son's wore mirrored versions of each other, red suits with fur laden cloaks clasped over one single shoulder. Her two sons looked the same, sharp features, green eyes and red hair, but the sons had something else, a look of mischief and sadism I couldn't read on their mother.

When I realised who she was, I curtsied even lower than before. "Its a pleasure to finally meet you, Empress Ruska."

The woman nodded her head, whispering to her sons before wandering back into the busy crowds of the party.

Clearing his throat, a young, black haired man stepped forwards dressed in tight but formal attire. His hand was held out to me, a smirk on his face. His dark gray eyes gazed at me as he spoke suavely. "Well, i do believe it is time we begin introductions, don't you agree, princess (Y/N)?"