Chapter 5

Once I entered the hall again, I was face-to-face with the two twins, who smirked. "We wondered where you went." The prince on the left said, tilting his head to the left. "You wouldn't avoid us, would you?" the right one said, mirroring his brother's actions.

"O-of course not. I-i was just meeting some of my other suitors." I say, coughing to steel my nerves. Slowly, I backed up so their breath wouldn't taunt the tip of my nose. "What's the point of that?" The one on the left scoffed, looking away. "You'll pick one of us, it's inevitable."

"Why do you say that?" I clasp my hands together, looking at them with curiosity. The two look at each other before turning back to me. "Are you dumb?" They ask, simultaneously, smirking.

"We are the sons and heirs of the most powerful empire in history." The right one cooed, standing firm in his spot.

"You'd be an idiot to not pick us." The left one laughed, leaning towards me.

I backed away from them. "It's different here in Axeobritia... I will pick the suitor I love to marry, not the one that will suit you." I say, as firmly as I can. The two the and say to each other. "She's delusional..."

"Pardon us, we forgot to introduce ourselves." The right one muttered, as if kicking himself. "I am prince Duci." He says.

"And I am prince Miklos." The left one chuckles, smirking. Miklos' hair covered his face as he spoke, but the underlying tone of evil make my hairs prickle on the back of my neck. Duci grinned widely. His voice was a bit higher than his other brother, and he stood a lot slouchier, with a lazy tousled style rather than the organised style of Miklos, where each strand seemed to be in the right place.

I curtseyed. "It's a pleasure to meet you. As you know already, I'm sure, I'm (Y/N)."

"You're princess (Y/N). Don't stoop to the status of the peasantry." Miklos said, cooly and monotonously, with a soft grin. Duci nods in agreement before leaning his arm on his brothers shoulder, slouchy and casually. he seemed to forget this is a prestigious event. "Well princess, I think it's time we get to know each other better~" He leans in, his nose merely centimetres from mine.

"I think it's best you back away. It is my turn to introduce myself is it not?" A boy said from behind them. The two turned back, glowering before separating around him and returning to their Boudica of a mother.

The boy stepped forwards, in a fur laden outfit and with a tight hat on his dark brown hair. "I am sorry about them. They do not understand the common courtesy among royalty." The boy says, speaking calmly. I notice he has a soft slur to his words, as if he cannot properly pronounce them. "I am Prince Yama of Kailashi. It is truly a pleasure to meet you." He stands tall again and smiles at me. I curtsey. "Well, at least you are polite too. There is, of course, no point in introducing yourself. The most beautiful woman in the seven dynasties!" He chuckles.

The seven dynasties was the name of our collective lands, the Ruskanan empire, Axeobritia, centurion, Toynby, Kailashi and another country than nobody dared to enter, Sheol.

I blushed madly at his words and curtseyed. "Y-you're very kind... Thank you..." I say softly. As Yama is about to say something else, the doors open yet again, a young man entering.

His blood red eyes were focused on me, shadowed by his white hair that hid his pale face. His clothing was regal, in blood red and black but also downplayed, as though he was a ruler of a small kingdom.

My father looked over and grinning, stepping forward with open eyes and fear in his eyes. "Prince Dov! I'm glad you finally arrived-"

"It's King Dov now, (D/N)." He said coldly, monotonously as his narrowed orbs bored a hole into my own eyes. He stepped closer to me, eyes not leaving mine as he bent down, gripped my hand tightly and kissed it, still looking directly at me. I fought down a blush and curtsied lowly. "It's a pleasure, sire."

Dov smirked and laughed under his breath. "This party won't give us enough time. I trust you have suitable accommodation, King (D/N)?"

My father stuttered a moment, the eyes of the princes resting on him. "Well we do but we hadn't planned for-"

"Wonderful!" Empress Ruska cooed, hands clasped in excitement. "Now our children can truly get to know one another." She says, demandingly.

My mother sighs and calls in the servants who then guided each prince to their room in the east wing. "Farewell Princess." They each said as they passed, not even looking at me as they walked, their parents or accompanying servants all prepared to leave and filtered out, leaving me alone in the ballroom. Or so i thought.