Chapter 7

Helga laid there, hair in her face and her mouth as light, delicate snores wafted from her mouth. She was laid flat, arms and legs spread like a starfish as he dress fanned around her, giving her a goddess-like elegance, despite her obnoxious position.

I smiled at her before calling in some guards to put her onto my bed. The two nodded and whispered "Yes princess." and did as told. Helga turns over, curling in the fetal position and continuing her slumber, snuggling into a pillow. With a bow, the guards departed and I sat watching her for a moment, internally giggling at the role-reversal. She's wonderful. She'd cared for me all my life, teaching me and helping me with everything. She deserved a nap.

A soft knock came from the door, causing Helga to stir. Stroking her shoulder, I shushed her before making my way to the door. As I opened it, I saw Prince Yama stood there, brown eyes glittering from the laterns outside that were clasped to the wall. "Prince Yama. To what do I owe this honour?" I whisper. Yama was confused for a second, looking into my room and seeing Helga asleep. With a quiet 'oh.' he pulled me by the hand outside and gently closed my door. I flinched in shock, but let him, eyes wide. "I just wished to see you, Princess. I feel our bonding time was cut short by king Dov, wouldn't you agree?" He smiled, eyes closed and head tilted. I nod slowly. "Good. Then we're agreed you'll spend some time with me. Come, I wish to show you something."

He scooped my little hand up in his, tightly gripping it and enthusiastically dragging me towards the east wing of the castle where all of the boys were sleeping. With a quiet gasp, I attempted to free my hand from him, but is grip was too tight. "Do not worry. I have nothing improper to show you." He notes, his grip firm on my hand. I whimper in fear, scared by his sudden change in attitude.

Yama guided me to his room, softly tugging me along before pushing me into his room and shutting the door behind him.

The room was already decorated by him (or more likely his servants), a bonsai tree in the corner, a deer-scare in the centre of the room and a small metronome on the bedside table, the latter two both ticking away at their individual paces. The pale beige walls were hidden by some paper screens that he had definitely brought with him. The bonsai, however, was what caught my attention. I gazed in awe at the miniature tree, the pinking leaves and small, yet strong looking trunk. I had learned from Helga that Bonsai literally meant 'tray planting' and not solely the small trees native to Kailashi. It was obviously well cared for, as only one small part was dying, and even then I was sure it could be revived.

"Wonderful, isn't it?" He cooed, standing beside me and gazing at the pink-leafed bonsai. "This bonsai came all the way here from Kailashi in my carriage. Every suitor knew we'd have to stay here, princess." Slowly edging to the bonsai, he lifted a small, delicate pair of scissors and snipped off a withering branch that grew from the healthy stump. "It's my gift to you." He says monotonously. "It represents how countries should be run," once more he snipped at the dying appendage removing the whole thing. "cut off the areas that won't survive before they contaminate the others." He spoke cheerfully, with a husky undertone to his dark voice.

My throat grew dry. I shuddered at his words, turning away. I felt cold, how could he be so unfeeling?

"Th-thank you Prince Yama but-"

"Please," he cuts me off sharply, eyes glaring at me from the side. "call me Yama, (Y/N)." He smiles, turning his face to me, now looking far more amiable.

"Thank you Y-Yama but, I can't accept this, its too pretty and delicate..."

"it is nothing compared to your beauty. I insist, (Y/N), it's yours." He says smiling. "Please."

I smiled softly at Yama, mulling it over momentarily before I replied. "Alright, Yama. Thank you." I stepped closer to the bonsai. "Would you mind teaching me how to prune it?" I asked, biting my lip at my own ignorance. Yama smiled, and indulged my curiosity.

His hands engulfed mine and sacrificed a good limb and showed me how to snap it. "I trust you remember what a dying part looks like?" I nodded and smiled, rather uncomfortable feeling his hands hold mine so tightly. "Good..." he says as he releases my hands and smiles at me. "Sleep well, Princess. May you dream of me."

† ~ ♕ ~ †

I stepped back into my room later on, carrying the small bonsai in my hands. Before me, Helga was pacing, frightened and muttering. Shocked, i stepped closer. "Helga?"

She broke from her mutterings, she snapped her eyes to me, eyes immediately calming. "Prinzessin, I was wondering where you were." She smiles her charming smile and took the bonsai from me, eyes glittering. "A bonsai! I've read about these." She examines it, the cogs whirring in her wonderful brain. I smiled softly. She had a friend from Kailashi whom she wrote to weekly, and who taught her all kinds of weird and wonderful things. She taught me of the bonsai from one of these letters.

"Yes, Prince Yama gave it to me."I said with a smile. Her eyes darkened slightly as she put it on my dresser. "From Kailashi? You need to beware of all of these princes, Prinzessin... They are ruthless, like their parents." "All of them? Even the princes from the Ruskanan empire? You're from there!" I giggle, shutting the door and preparing my bedclothes. "Them, especially." She hissed, helping me undress and getting me quickly into my nightgown.

"(Y/N), I left Ruskana for a reason."

Ruskana, when Helga was a child, was the name of the small country that the Ruskanan empire stemmed from. Helga had left there at the age of three, but I'd never thought to question why. I'd always assumed she chose to come here for me, or for a job. I froze, thinking of the horrors Helga must have seen. She was born around the rise of the empire, when Ruska was only eleven years old she had already killed and bled and tortured, starting her vicious empire.

"Helga... I'm sorry..." I whispered, eyes down at the floor. She lifted my chin and smiled at me, pearly whites charming me back into happiness. "A princess should never look down. Show your pretty face, Prinzessin."

I blushed and smiled at her. "Thank you, Helga." She nods courteously.

"Good night, Prinzessin." She walked over to the door. I slipped into bed and smiled over at her, responding. "Good night, Helga." She blew out the lantern and left me in bed, asleep and content.

† ~ ♕ ~ †

"She's pretty, Duci." Miklos hummed quietly, grinning sadistically. Duci grinned wider, leaning over her bed, gently pushing a strand of hair from her face. "I want her now..."

"Patience, brother. One of us will have her soon." Miklos chuckled lowly. "Keep your lust at bay.

"If you have her, will you share?" Duci grins at his elder twin. "I don't ask for first, just a taste."

"Perhaps, depends on how obedient she is." Miklos smirks. "I might need you to put her back in her place for me." Duci nods, letting his mind swarm with filth and want. He chuckled and stood up, looking at his twin. "Same to you, brother. Come, let's leave the princess to sleep." The twins nodded at each other and left (Y/N) to sleep.