Love in separation

Story of Rukmani

Story of Rukmani

Love in Separation

Rukmini was sitting in her balcony when the voice of Narayan, Narayan! brought her out of her daze. Like every month sage Narada was entering the palace. 13 year old Rukmini ran to greet the sage. Rukmini knew that like every other visit of the sage Narada he was going to describe the Krishna leelas to her.

She was listening to Krishna Leelas since she was 8 yrs old and with every new story of her Kanha's bravery she would fall more and more in love with him. She blushed at the thought of Kanha being hers. She knew he belonged to universe but she completely and utterly belonged to him.

Today Narada ji recited the story of Kaliya mardan to her and then he told her about the farewell that Krishna bid to Radha. By the end of narration Rukmini was in tears. She had heard of the perfection that was their love and can't stop herself from thinking if Krishna had to select duty and bear the pain of separation from Radha for the well being of universe how selfless he is!!

That was the second her heart started yearning to meet both Radha and Krishna. She wanted to meet Radha and show her respect towards her unconditional and selfless love. Tonight Rukmini dreamed of a beautiful and endless river Yamuna flowing with grace whose waves showed the moon lights dancing on them.

On the shore of the river stood Radha with her eyes filled with tears and before she could wipe the tears they rolled down her cheeks, with tears in her eyes but bewitching smile on her lips Radha came to Rukmini and said:-

"Krishna is my soul. Without him in my life I am a mere body a lifeless body but I know I have to sacrifice my love for the greater good of the world and I here by I  give my Krishna to you. Keep him happy. Each of his smiles will increase my breath and I will continue living. As long as I live I will be satisfied to know my Kanha is happy somewhere with you. Please take care of him."

With these words Radha disappeared and Rukmini wake up with tears in her eyes. She had decided that she would marry only Shri Krishna. Days passed by like this and Rukmini was grown up from a child to a beautiful woman.

She dreamed every night of Shri Krishna. It was time for her family to think of her marriage. She heard her mother and father talk to each other that nobody in whole Aryavrata can be Rukmini's match but Shri Krishna.

She blushed hard and ran to the confines of her room. She remembered her Kanha. In all these years she had dreamed of him and him alone. Her austerities were bearing fruits now. Before she can celebrate fully though one of her maid servant entered her chambers and told her that her brother Rukmi has already fixed her marriage with s
Shishupaal.

It was like a lightening had fallen over her chest. She screamed in agonising pain and fainted due to shock.

Because of the pain of saparation her heart beats started to get extremely thin and within a week her body grew frail and sickly. The girl who glowed like a diamond had now lost all her charm. Her eyes were tear stained and her tears showed no trace of kajal as she has forgotten what ornaments were.

The only name that continued to leave her lips was Kanha, manmohan, Krishna, Murlidhar. She had stopped eating food and she would cry throughout the day. Her parents were so worried for their daughter. Their daughter who was the Lakshmi of their house had forgotten to smile.

She would either write letters to Krishna or draw his image over and Over again. She cried in agony- "You made me fall truly,madly and deeply for you Oh Madhava!!!! Now Vaidarbhi Rukmini has nowhere to go. No place to take refugee in. Why would you devoid me of serving your Lotus feet. Madhav my every breath appears like a burden without the promise of a future to serve you as yours for eternity. I can't take this pain. I want to die Oh Madhav show me the way. Please accept this girl as yours for I want nothing else in my life. "

Thus Rukmini cried and cried like a mad damsel. She would sometimes call for Krishna and sometimes call herself Krishna and it appeared like her 'self' disappered to the point that her identity merged with that of shri Krishna and when a devotee reaches a stage like that then it is time for enlightenment of the divine.

As Rukmini slept that night she reached back to same place where Shri Radha had met her all these years ago but today she was not alone. Shri Krishna was with her. Radha reached Rukmini and she took her hand into her own and then she took Krishna's hand too and she gave Rukmini's hand to Krishna.

She said-" I have entrusted my biggest and only possession in life my Kanha to you and you are accepting defeat without fighting. It is a girls right to marry groom of her choice."

Krishna just kept smiling as Rukmini was not able to maintain eye contact with her dream man standing right in front of her.

Krishna also said- "I thought you belonged to me. We were married since the day you chose me and now, I understand I am a bit complicated sometimes but being my wife you don't get to give up on me."

As Rukmini wake up from her dream she had found a way to take one step towards Krishna and she already knew he would cover the rest distance.

On the same day she went to meet Brahman Sushen and then she wrote a letter to Krishna describing for him the way to reach her and rest is history.

When Rukmini garlanded the Lord of her dreams she remembered the promise she had given to Radha. To his every smile Radha continued to live.

💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐

So how is it???
First of all it is complete fiction it doesn't mean to hurt any one's sentiments like in evert story of mine I have imagined both Radha and Rukmini as his devotees and tried to show a human aspect of hoth the goddesses.