.vi dusk till dawn

. v i
d u s k t i l l d o w n

you were leaning your head against the window when the brakes suddenly pulled off and all hell broke loose.

"crap!"

my head hit the back of your seat. the thud it made wasn't something anyone would miss, i was certain. the old man at the back corner yelled at the driver to take it slow. the baby on my right started crying as her mother calmed him down. the girl, who was an aisle away, glanced at me with both amusement and concern. the whole bus was in a ruckus and albeit embarrassed, i stood up a bit and peeked at you.

"i-i'm sorry."
i bit my lip.

you were still serene, calm — like nothing just happened. as impossibly as i have believed it to be, your eyes were closed and your lips were a bit apart. were you sleeping? weren't you startled by the sudden commotion? can you even feel anything?

i blinked, thrice, to brush off the prospect that you were a ghost unperturbed to anything. because a ghost couldn't possibly be wearing headphones, and a ghost couldn't possibly be this fine-looking.

i wanna see the sunrise and your sins

just me and you

and then suddenly, you opened your eyes.

i was greeted with the most electrifying gray eyes i've ever seen. swiftly, i was reminded of the storm — dark, brooding, cold. the way your eyes held on to mine was like being struck by a lightning, a lightning i would nevertheless happily welcome.

i had always read stories about the girl being captivated by the boy and his soul and his eyes — and now, i have come to know what it felt like. the books said it'd be stellar and splendid, but i felt beyond.

in your eyes i saw the familiar glint of life. i saw that you were amidst the chaos of rising up and falling apart. you were suddenly showing me a part of your soul — one that shone like the sun and that of which should be treated very delicately. it told a story of your different fantasies and dreams that are way bigger than i have ever imagined.

in your eyes i saw a constellation of bright-lit stars i was sure if astronomers saw it, they would ache of wonder.

i then decided that my most favorite part about you was your eyes.

we stared at each other for a few seconds until i realized that the world was still spinning — and no matter how long we stared at each other, time wouldn't stop just for this mere conspiracy.

my heart faltered unto you but my body did otherwise, staggering out of the bus immediately.