.xi photograph

. x i
p h o t o g r a p h

when i stepped inside the bus, i saw you on the farthest corner, sleeping. i walked towards you as a smile crept on my face. you were always charming — and in that moment, you were a sleeping beauty. not in a pink gown and a golden crown (no of course, silly), but in a mere black hoodie and headphones.

i intended to just sit there and stare at you but all that had changed when you fluttered your eyes open like a butterfly spreading its wings for the first time. i was greeted with your gray eyes, and i wondered — for the hundredth time since i met you — how those pair of spectacular orbs could surprise me.

you grinned.

"have you been staring at me the whole time?"

my cheeks reddened.
"n-no, of course not!"

your eyes narrowed just as your lips twisted in an amused manner.
"yes, of course you were."

i bit my lip and grinned sheepishly. wasn't it weird that you could make me feel embarrassed and satisfied both at once?

"how's your rehearsal going?"

when i told you i practiced ballet, you acted like i just bolted you out of the blue. you scanned my body up and down then, like i was a specimen you just discovered recently. and then you laughed and said, "seeing you in a tutu should be entertaining." and i glared at you and punched your arm lightly, while retorting, "i can also be entertaining when i kick you after i make a pirouette, you know."

i sighed.
"so exhausting as ever."

where our eyes are never closing

hearts are never broken

you looked out to the window and so did i. we both watched the sceneries come and go as the bus continued its journey.

and suddenly, as though the heavens granted our unspoken wish, the sky began to drop snowflakes. gently, gracefully, the drops of snow danced with the cold wind — making their own twirls and pirouettes. and as they landed on the snow white grounds, you turned your head to me.

you narrowed your eyes upon mine.
"you quite remind me of snowflakes."

i blinked.
"tiny?"

you chuckled.
"yes, very."

i frowned and pulled a face, but just as i was about to tell you a nasty reply, you suddenly leaned into me — making my heart stop for a moment. your stormy gray eyes screamed of amusement and admiration. your gaze was all upon me until it suddenly fell on my lips.

my heart itched.

"you remind me of snowflakes. delicate, mysterious, and..."

"and?"
i managed to whisper.

"and beautiful."

your face was so near to mine, a finger could merely fit between the distance. your irises were black and breathtaking and full of mirth, curiousity, and yearning for something i had no clue on. you only leaned nearer and in that moment, i couldn't deny the strong urge to stare at your lips.

when i'm away

i will remember how you kissed me

"i never knew your name."
you breathed.

"morgana."
i breathed in the same way.

your lips curved a little upward as a smile appeared. your eyes adorned themselves with a whole new emotion, something that was screaming of — could this be possible? — love.

"hmm. morgana and carter. sounds perfect."