.vii i don't wanna live forever

. v i i
i d o n ' t w a n n a l i v e f o r e v e r

could a mere pair of eyes possibly make an entire system tremble?

i hesitated whether i should walk to school or not. after what happened yesterday, i doubt i could show my face to you without having to take a few faltering steps. that was just downright humiliating. your gray eyes were something to behold, but i was afraid my own sanity would betray me if i looked any longer.

walking to my ballet school would be near impossible. it was three-quarters of an hour away if i used the bus, how excruciatingly longer would it be if i walked?

after moments of self-debating, i decided to be intentionally late at the bus stop so we wouldn't be taking the same ride.

i hopped on to the bus with nothing but utter nervousness. it's 7:41. your usual time's 7:15.

but when you sauntered on to the bus at the next bus stop, my insides practically turned upside down. why did i get on the bus earlier than you? why were you at the next bus stop? i don't appreciate this destiny's way of playing!

i instantly looked out the window — suddenly scared, suddenly tensed — and purposely let my hair fall on my face so as not for you to see me.

the leather beside me moved. my heart was suddenly in my throat. oh yes, it was just my bag. or the air. or someone with black headphones.

i held my breath all the while. the scent of citrus and mint, and of something familiar, was too unmistakable. i couldn't dare to move my head even a bit.

i just wanna keep calling your name

until you come back home

ten minutes passed. and twenty. and thirty. and when my neck ached too much from looking sideways, i nervously turned. without a word. without a breath.

i was expecting a you openly staring at me — confused and suspicious— but instead, i saw a you whose eyes were shut closed and whose back was comfortably leaning on the leather.

ironically unpredictable.

i was relieved you didn't ask me about things yesterday but i was also a bit disappointed you didn't even strike a conversation.

but hey, at least we sat beside each other now, right?