1950 --7--

I smoothed out my light blue dress and fixed my hair that had a few stray pieces. I was nervous and I knew this was a date, I just didn't want to call it that. For my mom's sake mostly.

I went downstairs and put on my blue heels that matched my dress. Before I started walking out the door my mom stopped me.

"Have fun sweetie. I want you home before midnight though." I nodded at my mother and she gave me a quick hug. I went outside just as Niall's car pulled up. I started getting extremely excited as I approached his car. I got to the passenger door and got in with a big smile.

"Hey Diana." Niall greeted.

"Hello Niall. What movie are we seeing?" I asked happily.

"Singin' in the Rain. I heard it's suppose to be amazing." He smiled as he started out of my neighborhood.

----

I watched the movie intently and sipped my Pepsi. Niall seemed to be into it too. What kept bugging me was what Lisa said about the soccer team and football team being the worst people she knows.

"Niall?" I asked. He looked at me with a small smile.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"Lisa, Lisa told me a couple weeks ago when I first got here that the football team and soccer team are dirtbags. Is that true?" I asked. I hope Niall isn't one of them.

"Maybe the football team but I can assure you the soccer team has a couple bad apples. But most of us are pretty cool. I still wouldn't hang out with anybody from either teams since they can be pretty rowdy." He answered.

"So, what about you?" I asked. Niall sighed.

"I'll be honest. I did some bad things last year but after I was told off by my coach and mom I got myself into a better position." I believed that he was being honest with me.

"That's all I wanted to know." I smiled. I looked back at the movie and watched Niall from the corner of my eye. He seemed to still be watching me but he started blushing a bit and looked away with a shy smile.

----

Niall drove me home and opened my door for me. I stepped out and smoothed my dress down.

"Thanks for tonight, Niall. I had a great time." I said.

"No problem. I'll see ya Monday then?" He asked. I nodded and smiled. Niall stepped closer to me and wrapped his arms around me in a warm hug. When he broke from me he gave me a smile and got back in his car. He waited until I was inside my house to drive off.

"Evening Diana. How was the movie?" My mom greeted.

"Good, great actually." I said.

"And Niall?" She pushed with a smile.

"He was really sweet." I left it at that and went to bed for the night.