7 July 2017

"Hey, your phone has been vibrating for a while now, are you not going to look at the messages?"

The questioned girl looked up from her books and notes, and faced her friend. "No, I'm not going to look at them. I already know who they're from." She responded, and continued with her studying.

"Come on, Fengyi. It has already been a year, won't you hear him out at least?"

"It's precisely because of the fact that it has already been a year, so no, I don't intend on hearing him out." She sighed. If he didn't even bother trying to explain himself when they broke up, why should she bother to hear him out now? It has been a year since it happened, and Fengyi has gotten over it and doesn't want to care about it anymore. She wanted to move on, so she felt that she shouldn't go see him, or talk to him. "I mean, all I want to do now is to graduate, and start working in my dream career. I don't need him holding me back."

"If you want to move on, shouldn't you all the more go and talk it out with him?"

"Fine, if you want me to be honest, then okay, I will honest. I'm scared, okay? I'm afraid that if I actually go to meet him, I might just not be able to move on, to forget about him." Fengyi explained, she carried an expression of worry for herself. "And if somehow we do get back together, I'm afraid of the same thing happening again."

Fengyi's head was downcast, an expression filled with many emotions, and she felt nothing but regrets and unforgiveness. "I see, then how about you wait more then? Maybe you will be able to see how serious he is."

"Maybe I'll do that."