"Mom, I'm home," Fengyi announced as she opened the door. She honestly didn't expect that explanation. It was surprising, overwhelming, and it made her doubt her actions, whether maybe ignoring him was a right decision to do. She wondered if she had agreed to meet up with Quanzhe earlier, or even agreeing when he first asked, would her reaction be the same? Doubting herself now, questioning herself now, or would she be relentless and still acted cold to him?

"Welcome back, how was lunch with Quanzhe?" Her mother asked as she walked out of the kitchen, wiping her hands was a towel. Fengyi's mother knew what had happened between them, and her thoughts about Fengyi deciding to meetup with him? She very much thought that it was a good idea, Fengyi needed closure, and her mom knew that more than anyone else. After all, she is taking care of Fengyi still and watches over her everyday. her mother knew that that whole event was really saddening for her daughter, it really took a toll on her mental health, and she knew that in the event that Quanzhe did come back to ask for a chance to explain, she knew Fengyi would definitely need it.

But of course, she still wanted Fengyi to make her own decisions. She wanted her daughter to tell her things in her own initiative, so she waited. She waited for Fengyi to tell her. When the latter did, the former was happy, she was happy to hear that Fengyi was finally to going have closure, and can finally move on.

"It went pretty well, but his explanation was something I didn't expect," Fengyi replied. Her mom tilted her head in confusion, she didn't understand what Fengyi was trying to say. "Okay, maybe I may not have given him the benefit of doubt, but looking back on how much it hurt me, I felt that I looked stupid."

"Would you like to share?"

"Maybe later, I want to rest a little." Fengyi excused herself, and left for her room. She laid on the bed, then she picked up her phone, and thanked Quanzhe for today.

a | n
wellllllllll this is almost towards the end already! the next one will be the last chapter, then we will have a q&a page for the characters so you can leave whatever questions you have there! please look forward!

tbh it will be up in a few hours time but now it is time for me to slep.