27 July 2017

As usual, Fengyi read the messages from Quanzhe from the notifications panel. This time round, she really felt the things he has been trying to convey. The feelings, the reasons, this time, everything has finally gone through. She could see that he's really serious, Quanzhe was very desperate.

"Maybe it's time," she said to herself. "Maybe, just maybe, with this, he will finally stop."

It was a hard decision to make, but she knew that this would definitely allow her to move on, to stop worrying, to stop pondering over it. Fengyi remembered what her mom had once told her, "we all need to learn, how to forgive and forget, so that we can get over our problems and move on with our lives." It was not that Fengyi didn't want to get over it, she wanted as much as possible to get over it and move on. But it was difficult, it was hard to forget the feelings she felt, the hatred, the sadness, the hurt, as she watched Quanzhe leave, without being able to have proper closure.

Maybe since he was back, and maybe since he has been asking a lot now, it is the best time to do it. She had to grasp this opportunity to gain closure, because who would ever know what would happen next?

It's not like she would both forgive and forget about the incident, but she could maybe just forgive Quanzhe after hearing him out. Fengyi would never want to forget whatever she has felt back then, as it has helped her to grow stronger and become who she is today. Looking back on it now, Fengyi felt glad that she was able to experience those feelings. It became a valuable stepping stone for her life, a good experience and lessons to learn.

After all, what is a life without mistakes made?

All this time has passed, Fengyi finally felt ready to approach Quanzhe. And so, she picked up her phone and typed.