Chapter Nineteen: The Beginning Of The End

Tears.

Why were you crying? He was just an animatronic, granted an animatronic with emotions, feelings, and an actual human beings soul trapped inside of him but, an animatronic nonetheless.

But that didn't stop the aching in your heart as you prolonged the inevitable, taking the long way around the tables of the diner, purposely stopping to read the menus one last time. Did you care about the discount cheeseburger or the fact that they did a vegetarian version? Not in the slightest, but every time you looked up at Pirate Cove your feet seemed to stop, and your heart could be heard in your ears.

All's fair in love and war, so they say. Unfortunately, you were never prepared for the war, let alone fairly fighting it. In such a short amount of time, you cared so deeply for this Fox that had been your everything when you were younger. Now he was your everything in a whole new way, and this everything was a hell of a lot more painful.

Eventually, your feet found themselves at the small step that let up to Pirate Cove. That one little step always seemed such a pain every time you wanted to go into the cove, always tripping on it, or stubbing your toe which resulted in a profuse amount of swearing. Now it seemed so important, that one little step.

You sigh, nibbling your lip as you stare at the purple curtains, moving your foot back and forward on the edge of the step. Fate clearly wanted you to suffer because Foxy poked his head out, his eyes widening in surprise as he came face to face with yourself.

"Y/n...?" He murmured, his golden eyes gleaming "You came back"

Without warning he leaps out of the Cove, knocking you onto the ground as he tackles you in a hug

"I knew you wouldn't leave, lass" He whispers, nuzzling into your neck and sighing contently. You felt a sinking feeling in your stomach.

"Fox" You swallow, gently pushing him off and standing. He follows suit, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion "I have to leave" You knew those words would be hard, but you had no idea how much it would hurt when Foxys ears flattened, his shoulders fell and his head hung. You took a step towards him only to be stopped by a hand on your shoulder, pulling you out of the room.

It was a gentle pull, which is why you only let out a soft whimper of complaint, assuming it was one of the other animatronics. You were right.

Bonnie stood with a sheepish expression "Sorry"

You nod, parting your lips to speak but you only feel a lump in your throat, not allowing you to speak

"I- uh" Bonnie starts to speak again, running a hand through his violet hair "Here" He reaches behind him and pulls out his guitar, shoving it into your arms before you have time to respond "I'm sure you heard they're shutting this place down...I want this to stay safe" His voice drops slightly, his eyes saddened "My sister gave it to me when I was young- Vincent clearly brought it here to hurt me, and it'll only get thrown away if it stays so-"

You reach your hand out and gently cover his mouth with a small chuckle "I'm pretty sure that's the most you've ever said to me" You see his shoulders slump, coming out of their tied up position

"Sorry" He breathes

"Of course I'll keep this safe" You smile softly, holding it close to you "But are you sure you don't want me to give it to her?"

"No" Bonnie looks down, shuffling his feet "I've seen her work, she's finally healing- finally letting go and I couldn't take that away from her. She's spent too long chasing this path, it'll only lead her to the same fate. Just- keep her safe for me too, will you y/n? She has a tendency to find trouble where ever she goes"