Alternate HAPPY Ending

It had been two long years since that day. The day when you had your heart torn out of your chest by an animatronic Fox whom you swore never to care for as much as you did.

After the fire you spent your days sleeping, mostly, trying to forget the scent of ash and chemical burn, along with the sight of orange tentacles that flickered and threatened to set flame to you...and him. The sight, the smell and the warmth of him. It was impossible to forget and therefore the other factors taunted your mind in a sick fashion.

You wander into your kitchen, ready to put the kettle on to at least attempt at making it through the day with coffee. Your mum had finally moved out a month ago after you had shown no signs of improvement, saying that it was just for now and that she thought you had to heal on your own. Not that she'd ever understand the healing you were going through, but you knew she was trying.

The letterbox clinked, signalling the postman had come and more mail had joined the ever growing pile of letters, newspapers and magazines in front of your doorstep. It surprises you how big a mail pile could grow in just a few weeks. It almost reached above your ankles in its scattered form and you groaned at the thought of having to sort it.

You thought back to that day, that moment that you had woken up and seen the place you had grown to love perishing before your eyes. Your heart thumped painfully in your chest

"I want you to build a family of your own, be happy and have tiny misfits running around because that was what you were, a misfit. Constantly poking your nose into things you shouldn't. But you're my misfit. And god I'm never going to forget that. Go and find someone who can build that family for you. Do the things I never could"

It was sad that you had read that tattered note over and over until the words were embedded in your mind, his voice echoing in your head whenever you thought about those words.

"You wanted me to be happy...but I can't" you murmur, staring into nothing "You were my happy. I can't build a family of my own without feeling guilty" you grit your teeth and slam your hand down on the table "Fuck you! Fuck you for leaving me..." Tears well up in your eyes as you slowly curl your fist "Screw you for thinking dying was easier than being with me"

You knew your words didn't ring true. You knew he just wanted to keep you safe and in doing that he had to do the most painful thing: let you go.

You stand slowly and make your way over to the door, begging for anything to get your mind off of him. Kneeling in the pile of letters was a somewhat satisfactory action, looking at all of the addresses that most likely belonged to distant relatives wishing you well and hoping you 'got better soon'. You were almost convinced your mother had told them you got hit by a car or something instead of telling them you just got in a fire, and got out safe and sound. It sounded pathetic when you put it like that.

Something made you stop in your tracks as you began to sort through. A newspaper article dated to last week

COME ONE COME ALL! TO THE GRAND REOPENING OF FREDDY FAZBEARS PIZZARIA.

MEET THE ANIMATRONICS!
THEY'RE NEW, THEY'RE SHINY AND THEY'RE READY TO PARTY!

Blood rushed to your head as you stood up and kicked the remaining letters out of the way. There was no way he was there but...you had to be sure.

Your door was left open as you ran out of the building and down the street. The newspaper told you it had been built on top of the ruined pizzeria and you still knew exactly the way to go. Your heart pounded in your ears as you turned the corner and saw the familiar LED sign pointing to the restaurant. Cars filled the parking spaces, you guessed mostly by eager children and curious townsfolk. You didn't care as you ran though the parking lot and burst into the pizzeria.

Stares were sent your way as people viewed the dishevelled girl running through the shiny new pizzeria. The layout was different but you knew if the animatronics were there they'd be near the office. That's where they always were.

"Hey you can't-" You glanced back and saw the woman you had tried to forget for so long, the same woman who owned the restaurant those years ago. She simply stared at you with sad eyes before turning and walking away, beginning to tend to a table waiting for an order.

Continuing your journey through the pizzeria you were met with a long hallway and eventually a door. A door marked 'spare parts'. This was it. This had to be it.

"Fox!" You yelled as you pushed the door open "I'm..." your words were swallowed as you viewed the animatronics before you. they had been torn apart, missing limbs and Bonnie was even robbed of his face. Your hand came up to cover your mouth in shock "No- no no no no"

A hand covered your mouth and pulled you out of the room with a firm tug and the door swung shut behind you. You struggled against the stranger who pinned you against the wall

"Now isn't this a familiar situation, lass?" Golden eyes stared back at you as your breath left your lungs. It was him, your fox.

"You're-" you began and he shushed you quietly

"Don't say anything. Just please" he raised a hand and gently placed it under your chin, raising your head slightly "Don't ever leave me again, Y/n"

You smile softly, tears welling in your eyes "I'm not planning on it, pirate"

And so you held your fox, you held him until the strength had left your arms and the lack of sleep from months gone kicked in. And as you slowly closed your eyes, nuzzling into his matted pirate attire, you finally felt a buzz of happiness and safety wash over you.

You were home.

***

I finally cracked under pressure and gave you guys a happy ending lmao, which of course is your choice whether you accept or not. The sad ending was always my original plan because I wanted to do something different than the cliche happy endings that you usually get with fanfictions but after reading all your comments I felt terrible so here's a happy ending if you wanted one after all!
Thank you all so much for reading FFTF and if you'd like more of my writing style but with a different FNAF bOI I have got a sequel out!
Love u all ❤️