Chapter 7

|Mónéy|

"I won't keep getting you out of trouble when you get in it, understood," Fate snapped as she signed the papers to get me released from jail. I had spent the last two days in a holding cell, crying and stressing. I was hurt at the fact that CJ had to go through a bunch of bullshit without me being there, to guide him down the right path. I wanted to strangle all of Chauncey's family, plus Remy. Even though I was banned from the hospital, I was still going up there. Nothing or nobody was gonna stop me from seeing my brother.

"Did you hear me Mónéy. Make this the last time I take a trip down here to bail you out," Fate scolded.

"I heard you the first time," I mumbled as the guard, pushed my belongings toward me. I gave him a sarcastic smile before taking them from the counter.

"I know you heard me, but you better understand me! My money will not be spent on bailing you out! You haven't got me any information, and you're already acting an ass," Fate snapped before walking towards the exit of the police station. I followed behind her with an attitude.

My phone was dead as a doorknob, my head hurt like hell, I was hungry and I hadn't slept in two day. Yaki had been up here to check up on me, but they wouldn't allow her to bail me out. It took for me to call bitch ass Rossetti to get ahold of Fate. Even though her ass was complaining, she still came through.

"Can you drop me off somewhere," I asked, as we walked into the fresh, polluted air of New Orleans.

"No, I need you with me, we have some business to discuss," she said.

"Like what? I already know what to do if I see one of them," I reminded her as we walked to her car.

"I know that. What I don't know though, is that your one hundred percent cooperative with this deal. I'm serious Mónéy, that guy Tech cannot be on the streets next year," she said sternly.

"Look I don't want to do this but you have shit hanging above my head, so I don't have a choice," I snapped.

"Get in the car," she demanded. I did as I was told and got inside of the car.

"Where are we going," I asked, she ignored me and started her car up. I placed my phone on her car charger and stared at her.

"It's not where it's what. And we're going over the procedures, rules, and motherfucking regulations that you follow when you're on a mission," Fate snapped. I folded my arms across my chest and sighed.

"I don't need another grown woman telling my grown ass what to do. I beat a bitch ass for getting flip at the mouth, oh fucking well. Tell that hoe to keep her dick suckers closed next time," I stressed. Fate looked at me and shook her head.

"Mónéy do you care about your freedom," Fate asked, seriously.

"What freedom? Because from the looks of it, I'm just as institutionalized as Icy. You up here trying to tell me how I can act and what the fuck I can do and shit," I ranted.

"Only because I know you can't think for yourself," she said. I gave her a look.

"You don't even know me and the bullshit Rossetti telling is just that. Now it's your turn to listen. You got me up here, turning on people that starved with me. I don't trust you and I don't like you. I do not wanna do this but at the end of the day, I have to look out for myself. With that being said if imma do this, imma do it the way I want to. You and Rossetti are not to call me. When I get some information, I'll call you. These are my rules and it's time y'all start to abide by them," I snapped. Fate chuckled and shook her head.

"Mónéy I won't stand for this indecent proposal. You aren't the boss, I am. You are not running this show, I am. So you can kill it with all these nonsense ass rules," she said.