Chapter 12

|Mónéy|

I sat across from Viviana and watched as she texted away on her phone. It would ding every second, making me wonder who it was that she was texting. Thanksgiving was Thursday and Danaë claimed she was going to be preparing this big meal for us. It sounded all good and shit, but I knew it was going to be a disaster. Luckily I was leaving for Italy today. 

We sat at a pizzeria, waiting for Kyle to show up. He had called the both of us, and asked us to meet him because he had some news. Hopefully it was exciting news. Exciting news to me means that he would divorce that bitch of a wife he had. Viviana didn't even like her ass at this point. Trudy was full of drama and nobody was beat for that.

"Here you go," the waitress asked as she placed a large pizza in front of us. I smiled down at my side of the pizza while Viviana drooled over hers. I had ordered beef toppings with extra cheese while her side consisted of pepperoni, olives, and pineapples.

"Thank you," she smiled to the waitress. That was the first time I had seen her be polite to someone.

"I already know this pizza is finna be good," I mumbled to myself as I grabbed a slice.

"Give me a slice of yours and I'll give you a slice of mines," Viviana suggested. I looked at her pizza before declining. She had too much going on over there.

"I guess you can have a slice of mines. Ion want that tho'," I pointed to her pizza. She gave a sarcastically smile before reaching for a slice of  my pizza.

"So.........how's life as a doctor," Viviana asked, chewing on her pizza.

"Good I guess. I'm kind of out of a job right now, so yea.....," I mumbled. Viviana nodded.

"That's too bad," she said. Her phone dinged multiple time within two seconds, causing her to pick it up and smile. I grinned at her as I watched her text whoever back.

"Damn," I mumbled. She placed her phone on the table and looked at me.

"What," she asked.

"You smiling like you in love or something," I said. She averted her eyes.

"Whatever," she mumbled.

"No seriously, your glowing," I said. Viviana shook her head before taking a bite out of her pizza.

"I'm not glowing, it's that Fenty Beauty," she informed me with her mouth full. I smirked and ate my pizza as well. Her excuse was a lie, because she didn't even wear make up. We sat in silence for a good minute before I finally spoke up.

"Can I ask you something, without you getting mad," I asked. Viviana swallowed her pizza before speaking.

"Go ahead," she said.

"Why don't you like me? Like what's your real issue or beef with me? What did I ever do to you," I questioned. She looked at me before playing with her phone case.

"I just feel like we were off to a good start before you left. Like in the beginning I honestly was thrilled to meet my older sister. Then I found out that you were extremely rude and nasty, so my feelings about you changed. Before I left to military school, I was expecting you to kinda, sorta check up on me. While I was locked up, I literally had no one but Danaë. I had so much anger towards everyone, some more than other's. But I felt like you moved on with your life and totally forgot about me. I even believed you hated me because of that Icy situation," she admitted. I listened to her and waited until she was done before responding.

"Viv, let's address this first. I need you to understand that when we first met, my issue wasn't with you. Hell it wasn't even with Trudy, it was with Kyle. I was pissed that he was coming out the woodworks with a bonus kid and a wife on my birthday. I felt like he was doing it to be malicious because I had beat his ass earlier that day. As for military school, I didn't come see you because you were being a total bitch to me before you left. I've came to terms that I'm mot kissing nobody's ass. I just figured you'd come around, whenever. And if Danaë was the only person that was there for you, then where is your anger towards Tiana and them," I asked. Viviana bit the inside of her jaw before shaking her head.