Chapter 18

|Tech|

I placed my arm around Tiana as she shifted uncomfortably on the sofa. My mom and pops sat off to the side while her foster parents sat across from us. Bree stood in the corner sipping on a McDonald's drink that was empty, but she kept sucking the straw like soda would magically appear inside the cup. Tiana blew air out of her mouth and averted her eyes to the ceiling.

"So Glenda.........what do you do for a living," my moms asked breaking the silence. Tiana's foster mom smiled and looked our way.

"Well I do the regular things a wife does. Also I'm into charity and volunteering for the church. I recently opened up a health center in our local community," she smiled. My moms nodded.

"That's good. What about you David," Lou-Lou asked.

"Deacon," he replied. He kept his eyes trained on the knot on Tiana's head, before glancing at me. I wanted to shoot his ass so bad because I was starting to feel intimidated.

"Wow, I never knew Tiana was raised by a wholesome couple like you," my moms instigated. Tiana scoffed.

"What do you do.....," David asked, waiting for my name.

"Jeffery," I answered.

"Tech-nine," my mother corrected. Glenda made a face.

"Is it Jeffery or Tech-nine," she chuckled.

"His birth certificate says Jeffery ma," Tiana said, rubbing her neck.

"But I named him Tech-nine. My son is a business man, just like your foster daughter," my mother taunted. Tiana blew air from her mouth. My father leaned over and whispered something in my mother's ear, but that didn't seem to phase her.

"I own a club," I finally answered.

"Oooooh, I love clubs. Tiana and I used to go to one every Monday. TeePee do you remember the book clubs we would go to after Bible study," Glenda asked.

"Oh he don't run those kinda clubs, miss," Bree mumbled, throwing her two cents in.

"Hmph! What kind of club do you own," David asked.

"An urban club," Tiana spoke up. I was started to get annoyed from her continuous outburst for me. It made my head hurt at the fact that she was seriously trying to put on a show for these square ass foster parents of hers.

"I own a strip club, sir," I admitted. I could feel Tiana's shoulders drop in defeat, making me shake my head.

"A strip club, huh," David asked. I nodded my head.

"Yes a strip club, is that a problem," my mother spoke up.

"Not at all. We aren't here to judge anyone, just to see our baby girl, right David," Glenda asked. David looked at his wife, before glancing at Tiana and nodding.

"Yes," he mumbled.

"Good then. So where are you from," my mom asked.

"She is being so fake right now," Tiana whispered to me. I sighed lightly and watched as out parents conversed. David continuously glanced at me.

"Bruh, what's up wit' ya pops," I asked lowly.

"That's just how he is," she whispered back.

"Well ion like it, he looking at me like he wants smoke," I complained. Tiana smacked her lips.

"Tech he's my father," she snapped.

"So was Tiana's real mother a crack hoe," my mother asked, making everybody in the room look at her in disbelief.