Mahendra is leaving

Bhallaladeva and Bhijjaladeva are taken into custody and shifted to another place for the time being. They are put in separate cells and a physician is appointed to treat Bhalla.

Kattappa and Avanthika are assigned the task of supervising the reconstruction of Mahishmati and Kunthala desam respectively.

Ammu, Devu, Mahe,Avanti and Kattappa return to the village.

Mahe's foster parents were waiting anxiously for his return. Upon seeing them, Mahe runs ahead and hugs Sanga. Tears of joy trickle down her cheeks seeing her son alive. She pecks his forehead.

M: Amma, don't cry amma nothing happened to me. I am fine.

S: Sivu... sivu... my sivu... my lord Siva brought you back safely to me.

She weeps on her son's chest. Amarendra and the rest are watching this from afar.

A: Devasena, who are they ?

D: They are Mahe's foster parents Ammu. They are the reason our son is alive and safe.

Ammu notices their happiness and how Mahe is attached to them that he forgot his own parents. His eyes well up and heart feels heavy all of a sudden. Devasena grips his shoulder and he wipes his eyes discreetly then turns back to face his wife with a smile on his face.

A: You know what Devasena... I was wondering...we... we were separated for so long... don't you think we should... we should spend more time together...just the both of us only...you and me....

He couldn't say what he wanted to as he feels a lump stuck in his throat and he recalls the moment he felt Mahe's kick for the first time. Devasena could read his mind. She coils her arms around his and perches her chin on his shoulder.

D: ... you and me alone...let Mahendra be with them. We can go see him whenever we want. Isn't that what you intended to say Ammu??

A: Devasena! How do you....

D: The times we spent together might be less Ammu but no one has understood you as I have.

A: Devuu... I... I am sorry... Fate separated you from your son once and now I am doing it again. Pls forgive me Devuu.... don't curse me...

D: No Ammu... you didn't do anything wrong for me to forgive you. I myself would have said this if you hadn't. Our son's happiness matters the most wherever he is he will still be ours.

They exchange helpless smiles and gaze into each other's eyes as their minds flit back to the past, the day when Mahendra entered their lives.

Devasena is in her chamber when,

A: Devasena !!Devvuuu !! Vennela!!
Bangaram....!!

The maids of Devasena chuckle as they hear their King calling out to his Queen. Devasena smiles.

"Maharani, Maharaja's voice can be heard from a distance. He is on his way here. Should we stay or...."

They tease her. Devasena blushes.

D: Mmm...you all may leave.

"Hmm ok we'll leave but you be careful.... Maharaja seems to be in a haste to hug.."

Before the maid could complete her sentence, Devasena raises her arm pretending to shoo them away and they run off giggling.

D: Notorious girls!

Smiling, she shakes her head and goes to receive her lord.

Amarendra walks in and sees his Devasena who is all smiles. He hugs her and pecks her forehead as he always does.