Bone where, puppy there

M: Where did that grey hound go ??He's not in the courtroom or his bedroom.. where shall I go and ...ahaan... I remember thatha's words 'where the bone is the puppy will be there'...my method of searching is wrong I have to look for Amma first. Amma... amma...!!

D: I am here Mahe..

He hears his mom's voice from the attic.He walks in and sees his father there busy with wood blocks, hammer and nails working on something seriously.

M mv: I was so right. The puppy is here only.

M: Nanna, what are you doing ?

A: Don't disturb me I am very busy !

M: What are you making ?? You already made a dam for the country what is this for ? Cot for babies ??

D: Mahe, he is making a wooden toy horse for his grandson!

M: Really ?? Oh wow !! But why one nanna ?? What about my brother??

A: Girls don't play with wooden horses ! They play with dolls. I have already made one doll house for my daughter.

M: What ? How do you know it's going to be a girl for you ?

D: I asked the same thing. He is very confident it will be a daughter for him and a son for you.

M: But how ?

A: I am Bahubali ra, I know everything !!

M: Still how are you so sure ?

A: Hmm..In our lineage the first born is always a male. For my grandfather it was peddananna, for him it was Bhalla then his son Bhadra. For your grandfather Vikramadeva it was me Bahubali, for me it is you jr.Baahu and so yours will be a son.

M: Ok then the daughter??

A: You can make out from the glow on amma's face it will be a girl only.

M: Nanna, my Avanti is also glowing that is natural during this time so how is it amma will have a girl ?

A: Mmm... that... mmm...actually I like girl child a lot I want one like my Devuu...beautiful, feisty and loving.

D: ☺️☺️

M:(Giggles) So that is the reason ! You want a girl instead of saying that you kept beating about the bush. Ok give the hammer I'll also help you.

He hugs the hammer to his chest refusing to part with it.

A: No no no I won't give!! I will only make the toy horse for my grandson. You stay away!

Devu and Mahe chuckle at Ammu's innocence. He makes a strong and lively looking wooden horse whose face resembles the horse head on his sword.

A: How is it ??

M: It's wonderful nanna it looks so real!

D: It looks like your horse only Ammu.

A: Of course.. Bahubali's grandson should have a regal horse like his grandfather.

He twirls his moustache in pride.

D&M: 😄😄

M: Poor thing my son has to wait until a little older to ride this one till then it has to be left here.

A: No ! I will ride on it till then!

He climbs on the horse and rocks on it enthusiastically.

A: Yahooo !!!! This is sooo fun !!! Come Devuu sit, I'll take you to Kunthala in this!!! Mahe you also come!!

D: 😆😆

M: 😳😳

*****
Sivagami conducts a grand seemantham (baby shower) for Devasena and Avanthika. Ammu and Mahe welcome the guests. Ladies adorn the wrists of the expectant mothers with colourful bangles. Ammu whispers to Sivagami.

A: Amma...amma!

Si: What is it Baahu ?

A: All are putting bangles for Devasena, showering her with blessings and presents but no one is giving me any gift or congratulating me why amma?

Sivagami is stunned at her son's question.

Si: Kanna, she's the one who is carrying the child and going to give birth so people are wishing her.

A: But it's because of me no ? I worked so hard so I need to actually all fathers need to be appreciated. I also want gifts! Ask them to bless me also that I will get a good, healthy baby.

Si: Huh...uh.. mmm... but you didn't put such conditions when she was pregnant with Mahe ?

A: That time situation was not calm in our family. I was tensed whether you would turn up so didn't have the mind to care for anything else but now we're all happy and relaxed. Now you can do something to honour me right ?

Si mv: Ooohhh this fella didn't want to be crowned King or recognized as the slayer of Kalakeyas all that he happily gave away to Bhalla but he wants to be honoured for this... ufff !

She rubs her temples thinking how to convince her adamant son and Mahe noticing something wrong comes to their side. Sivagami explains the issue while Ammu keeps his usual puppy face. Mahe fumes inside but controlling his anger,

M: Nanna, pls.. be calm. See, this is a ladies function. We have no role here other than standing by our wives and giving our support!

A: Why we have no role ? It is our role also. It takes two hands to clap, they're only appreciating one hand whereas the other hand looks on. So unfair.

After some arguments Mahe and Sivagami give up. To make Ammu happy they place a chair beside Devasena and also garland him. Instead of bangles they anoint his cheeks with sandal paste and throw flowers on his head.

A: Put for Mahendra also.

M: I don't want..

A: No no no you shouldn't say like that !! Amma pls honour Mahendra also.

They do the same for Mahe. Sivagami grins as she watches her kids being blessed.

A: Thank you...thank you... err...small gifts you can give Devasena. Big gifts you can give me... hee hee hee...

D: ☺️☺️

All: 😄😄

Devu and Avanti are few days away to giving birth. Ammu educates Mahe from teaching him how to write to adhering to the kshatriya dharma. One day,

A: Hold the arrows properly ra butter fingers !

Ammu trains Mahe to shoot three arrows together.

M: Oh I can't nanna it is slipping off... three is too much for me.

A: It is not a big thing ra.. even your amma was like you but then I taught her the trick see now how well she manages.

M: No nanna I don't think I can..you and amma are smart I am so dumb..

A: Don't lose heart ra. You are our son you will be able to do it also come on focus.. Naadhwaye..and..

M: Mani..mmm..mani..

A: Manibandham..

M: Haan I got it now.. Bahirmukham..

A: Thyeja!

Mahe lets go of the arrows which hits the targets on point !

M: Nanna !! I did it nanna !! Yes yes yes !!!

A: Wow !! (Claps) See I told you! I am so proud of you kanna!!

Father and son share a hug.

Just then a maid comes running to them,

"Maharaja, Yuvaraja..Maharani and Yuvarani have gone into labour Rajamatha has called for you both immediately!"