Drunken monkey

Bi - Bijjaladeva
Kv - Kumara Varman

****

In the cell of Bijjaladeva,

Bijjaladeva is pacing back and forth pondering over Ammu's return.

Bi: Huh... how did that low life survive ?? It was difficult to manage the son now the father also...Oh I wonder how my Bhalla is....

The priest fella, his crony is also in the same cell as him.

"Prabhu, we should have caused more obstacles on Devasena's path. We shouldn't have let her complete the Agni prasthan. She succeeded, they won and Bahubali returned!!"

Bi: You are right...I should have sacrificed a slave to the goddess before Bhalla entered the battlefield...anyway it is of no use just lying here eating our remains and supporting our enemies...

"Kattappa you mean Prabhu ??"

Bi: No.. not that dog.. another one...

"Huh, who Prabhu?"

Bi: Who else ?? You !

"Prabhu !!!"😲

Bi: Here I am plotting to oust that mother-killer, his family and get my to son to rule Mahishmati but you, staying with us and praising them ???

"No Prabhu... no I didn't mean like that... I meant we should have been more cautious. We were so many of them but couldn't do anything to Devasena or her son..maybe we should have brought in more soldiers."

Bi: I don't need anyone ! I will only think of a way to destroy that Baahu and his family forever !! Bhalla, if you don't get to ascend the throne again no one else will !! You will definitely see the ruins of Baahu and his family Bhalla ! I promise you!

****

Devuu has fever. Mahendra massages his mother's sore feet while hubby Amarendra sponges her. Father-son duo refuse help from Sanga and Avanthika and decide to take turns to look after Devu. She dozes off after her meal and medications. Mahe and Ammu who are beside Devu, engage in casual banter to stay vigil.

M: Nanna !

A: What ra ?

M: Do you drink ??

A: What ??

M: I mean do you booze ??

Ammu shakes his head in denial.

M: Huh.. really ??

Ammu slowly peeps over to see if Devuu is asleep.

M: I already checked. She is in deep sleep you need not worry. Why you so scared of her ?

A: Eerr... that....Devasena hates it when I do so. Once I came drunk and... oh no after that incident I shudder to think of booze.

M: Lol... why what happened?

A: It's a long story. That day was Kattappa mama's birthday. To celebrate that he took me to a tavern and.....

A: Mama, where have you brought me ? What is this place ?

Ka: A place to relax and enjoy ! Come sit.

They sit down at a table and Kattappa orders the drinks. Ammu looks around and see men in inebriated states some lying on the floor some dancing while others fighting and making noise. The drinks arrive. Kattappa serves him.

Ka: Here, drink this.

A: No no don't want. Devu doesn't like drinking.

Ka: Baahu ! Not fair ! You promised to give me company now if you back off how ? Don't disappoint your mama on his birthday.