fifteen

[unedited]

I woke up to face a familiar gray ceiling. It was like deja vu, really. It felt like so long ago since the first time I came into this room. It still felt weirder as ever. At least his bed was comfortable. And this gray blanket was so flipping soft, I could just pull it over my entire body and cuddle it. So I did.

I heard somebody chuckle and I let out a scream. It was short, but it made my point. Someone was going to murder me.

Wait, just kidding, that's just Lucas. False alarm, I'm not going to die yet. Haha, yet... Yeah, okay.

"Ah, you're finally awake!" Lucas exclaimed, clapping his hands. This was definitely deja vu because I'm ninety nine percent sure that he said that last time.

     I poked my head out of the blanket and instantly put it over my head after looking at him.

     "Am I that scary?" he asked with a laugh. His laugh is cute, but a lot of people's laughs are cute, so it's okay. This is where somebody inserts a smiley face.

     "No, you're that ugly!" I shrieked with a giggle. I hope he knew I was joking.

     I peaked out of the blanket and giggled at his pout. How can somebody be so hot?

     I feel so drunk, I could just-

     I hit the floor after instantly getting up and standing on the floor. My head was pretty dizzy and my vision went black for a second. My brain wasn't processing what I was really thinking. Pfft, I'd never think something bad without me knowing.

     "Hi there, bud," I chirped and sat on Lucas. I actually just dropped down onto his lap, which caused him to groan in pain. Ha, one point for Kylie.

     "You seem a bit out of it," Lucas pointed out with a raised eyebrow, "like, you're not acting... what's the word? Right, sober."

     "I am as sober as a dolphin, thank you very much!" I pouted and flicked his chest.

     "A dolphin?" he asked, furrowing his eyebrows. "That analogy is weird."

     "As are you. So hush it and accept my analogy!" I exclaimed, putting my index finger against his lips and giggling like a manic. I am a maniac. A smart one. I think.

     "Do you need more rest? You're still pretty hot," Lucas asked worriedly, putting his hand to my forehead. His hand was warm and so was I. I suddenly felt warm all of the sudden, probably from him pointing it out. Dummy.

     "Can you cuddle with me?" I asked, wiggling my eyebrows just for fun and holding out the "cuddle."

     "You are definitely not sober," he muttered, making me smack his arm.

     "I am so!" I retorted and huffed. "Cuddle with me!"

     He shook his head which made me cross my arms in frustration. It's not like he wouldn't cuddle with me any other day! So why not now?

     "Please," I begged, sticking out my bottom lip. "You'd do it with me every other day!"

     "Yes, but you're sick and not your normal self," he retorted and crossed his arms. Woah, I just realized I'm still sitting in his lap. "Why do you even want me to?"

     "I want you to 'cause I'm lonely in bed and I want to watch movies and be cute and stuff," I explained childishly.

     He rolled his eyes, but then sighed. "Fine, but I'm picking the movie."