twenty-one

[unedited]

     We both got mint chocolate chip ice cream because anyone with common knowledge would know that it was the superior flavor. I'm just kidding, I forced him to get something other than plain, old, boring vanilla ice cream.

     We both thanked the nice, old lady again, whose name was Mrs. Suzy.

I sat down with Lucas and bit into my ice cream, freezing my teeth in the process. It was okay though.

Lucas looked at me with a judgmental look and asked me with a laugh, "You bite into your ice cream?"

     I stared at him with the most obvious look plastered on my face, replying, "You don't?"

     Lucas bursted out laughing, "No, what the hell! Normal people lick their ice cream."

     "Haven't you figured out that I'm not normal?" I asked and bit into my ice cream again, the coldness hitting against my teeth for the second time.

     "Yeah, but biting into your ice cream is a sin. Just like pineapple pizza," Lucas stated and licked his ice cream. The two sentences that Lucas just formed made me audibly gasp very loudly.

"Lucas William King!" I shouted out, earning looks from the other customers. I sheepishly smiled at them all before turning back to Lucas.

     "What?" he asked, seemingly unbothered by the statement that just came out of his mouth.

"Never mind, you lick your stupid ice cream and I'll eat mine," I said with a huff, crossing my arms and taking another bite of my ice cream.

After we were done with our ice cream, we both went to an arcade center which was in a bowling place. We got the tokens to play the games and I smirked as I saw an air hockey table. I glanced at Lucas, who smirked back at me.

"It is on," I stated, running over to the air hockey table. Lucas did the same as me. "Winner gets half of the tickets that the other person gets when we're done here."

     The score ended up with me winning by one and Lucas losing. He pouted at me as I smiled at him. At the end of our gaming session, which was about two hours long, we ended up with a load of tickets.

     "You know what? You can take all of my tickets. But I keep the rubber duck," Lucas said, handing me all of his tickets. My eyes widened as I hugged the several tickets that I now had.

     "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I exclaimed and ran to the place where you turned the tickets in. It took about five minutes to put all of the tickets in before we got our paper with the ticket number we got on it.

     We had gotten five thousand tickets.

     I got the giant stuffed pig and decided to get Lucas something as well. I got Lucas a ring pop but being the needy person that he is, he wanted two, so I got him two. I also got myself three airheads then contemplated on whether to get more stuff. I decided against it and handed the ticket paper to a little girl who was playing a claw machine.

     I told her the amount she had left, which was around five hundred. She thanked me with the biggest smile ever, excitedly jumping and down. I love making children happy. You can call me Mrs. Claus. Just kidding, please don't.

I went back to Lucas and chuckled as the small child went to an older lady, supposedly her mother, and waving the paper in her face in ecstasy. Lucas laughed and turned to me.

"How about we do a best out of three for bowling. I'm known to pack a pretty good bowling ball roll," Lucas suggested, wiggling his eyebrows.

"That just sounded weird. But okay, if you're that willing to lose again," I said with a fake sigh.