eighteen

The two other movies seemed to go by rather quickly and by the end of it, I had teared stained cheeks but was happily smiling. Because even if it was a movie made for a kid, it was very sentimental and had its moments. Don't judge me.

     Lucas raised an eyebrow at me and I giggled at my own thoughts. I wasn't weird at all, I was just unique. Everyone is unique in their own way, right? Well, at least that's what my teacher told me when I was, like, seven.

     "You literally look like a maniac," Lucas commented, making me roll me eyes. "And you're acting like one with your damn giggles."

     "Woah, I know the "D" word isn't the biggest profanity in the world, but it still is. So watch your mouth, young sir," I said, narrowing my eyes at him with my index finger pointed at him.

     "I'm older than you," he retorted.

     "I never said you weren't," I retorted back, making him roll his eyes in defeat. Ha, take THAT, Lucas. I got him real good.

"What do we do now?" Lucas asked, changing the subject to something more relevant to he situation. Or maybe not, but oh well. It was a good question, so I'll give him that much credit.

     "Well, I for one, am going to check up on Lily and Jackson, considering they're at lunch," I told him and reached over to get my phone.

     He groaned, "I barely text any of my friends, it'll be weird."

     "I never told you that you had to text your friends," I chirped and it felt like a deja vu moment because of what I said a minute ago. "I told you I'm going to text Lily and Jackson."

     I heard him sigh and I could almost feel him roll his eyes while I texted the two. We had a group chat which we named "No Boyfriends Allowed."

Lily named it.

I don't know why, considering I don't even have a boyfriend and Jackson is only flirting with his crush. The only one with a boyfriend is Lily and even so, she just started dating the boy. I chuckled at the memory. Jackson and I kept changing it, but she insisted that "Jackson will be dating Ashton soon and I'll be dating Lucas soon" although the last part was very false. But she would've kicked us if we tried changing it again. How stubborn.

me: hi i'm bored and lucas is being unintelligent

lily: shut up i'm trying to eat lunch in peace

me: make me

lily: i will

me: bet

lily: i'll beat you up

jackson: Will you two shut up? I'm trying to enjoy my Chick-Fil-A.

lily: well excuse me that my mom doesn't bring me fast food food

jackson: This doesn't happen every day! I'll give you a fry, now stop being so jelly

me: hahahhahh jackson said jelly. that's a new one

jackson: Ashton has changed my texting style. :)

me: wtheck okay now you've changed into that one person who uses that face. bye then stranger

I dropped my phone on the bed and sighed with a laugh, even though the hot temperature was suddenly attacking me. I tried to ignore it the best that I could.

     Honestly, I couldn't ask for better friends. They were everything to me and were always there for me, as I was for them. Yeah, Jackson abandoned us and yeah, things have been rough lately, but we've overcome that now. We were that one perfect trio that everyone was jealous of and I loved it.