A blast from the past, part 2

A surprise? For me? Knowing my grandmother and her idea of surprises, this couldn't be good...

"What do you mean? Where is she anyway?"

"Oh, Alice!" - I heard footsteps coming behind me. - "You're finally home! Look who we ran into, just before we left." - I turned around and suddenly I felt lightheaded. - "We decided it was only fair for him to come along."

I was in complete and utter shock, when I saw the boy standing next to my grandmother.

"Jackson?!" - my voice broke and was not any louder, than a whisper.

"Hello, sweetheart." - he walked over to me and kissed my cheek. I flinched at his touch.

"Wasn't this the best idea ever?" - my grandmother grinned.

I looked over to my mum, who was totally oblivious, as well as everyone else in the room, apart from Jackson and I.

I looked around at everyone, my eyes were widen the whole time and even more when they landed back on his face. He had a smirk on, that I so badly wished that I could just slap off.

I shook my head, taking in everything that had just happened. - "I... I forgot something at the diner, I have to go." - I stuttered and stormed out of the house.

"Alice!" - I heard everyone call after  me. - "Alicia!"

I got in the car and drove away, as fast as I could. Crossing the line between the North and the Southside, with the speed of light. I pulled over in front of Hermione's house.

"Hermione?!" - I called, as I knocked on the door. - "Hermione, open up! It's me!" - tears were fast to stream down my face, as the flashbacks of the boy started hitting me.

"Alice?! What happened?" - Fred said, after he opened the door. - "Are you alright?"

I shook my head no and hugged him.

Fred and I were even closer, than we were when we were little, when he started dating Hermione.

"Where is she?" - I asked him.

"She's in the shower." - he answered me, as he ran his hand through my hair. - "Come in, let's not stand out here." - he said and I nodded.

"What happened?" - he asked worried, once again, as we sat down on the couch. - "Do you wanna talk to me about it?"

I shrug, not knowing what to say.

I mean, I could. He probably even knew already, since Hermione and him always told each other everything. But I decided to wait for her, she'd know how to react to everything, way better than him.

"It's okay, Al. Come here." - he said and hugged me again. I laid on his lap, while he stroked my hair.

"Ally?" - Hermione said. - "What happened to her, Fred?" - she asked him worried.

"I don't know. She came here and wanted to talk to you." - he answered her.

I looked at her, my eyes were probably bloodshed from crying. - "Jackson..."

She widened her eyes. - "Fred, babe. You gotta go. Now." - she told him and he didn't protest, at all.

He just nodded. - "Alright. I will."- he kissed the top of my head and stood up. - "If you girls need anything, you call me right away. I'll be here in no time. Okay?" - he said and Hermione nodded her head. - "If there's anything I can do to help, I will. I'll try my best, I swear."

That made me think that he didn't know. That she hadn't told him anything, at all.

"Don't worry, babe." - she pecked his lips. - "Bye." - she said, while opening the door for him.