s e v e n ( f i n )

Now my baby's dancing
But she's dancing with another man

  ♡♡♡ 

Ethan

I'm standing here; the house reeking of alcohol and loud music blaring in my ears, looking at Roni as she dances on the dance floor.

What did I ever do to deserve her? She's literally perfect.

Her beautiful innocent soul, her amazing caring and nice personality—everything about her is just immaculate.

"Ethan! Aaron!" yells Roni, interrupting my thoughts.

"What?"

"Come join me, guys! Stop being boring!" she yells. Aaron laughs.

"Nah, I don't dance," I say. Aaron looks at me before giving me a nervous smile.

"What about you, Aaron?" asks Roni.

"Ummm...yeah. Ethan? Do I have permission to dance with your girl?" he asks. I laugh, and he joins me.

I find it funny that he asked, but he's just being cautious and nice so my feelings aren't hurt.

"Sure! Of course, why not? She's your best friend!" I say. He laughs before fist-bumping me. Fist-bumping is kind of our secret handshake.

"Thanks, man," he says. I grin at him as he heads to Roni.

They dance and laugh as a Bruno Mars song comes on. I recognize it.

It's called "When I Was Your Man".

Same bed but it feels just a little bit bigger now
Our song on the radio but it don't sound the same
When our friends talk about you all it does is just tear me down
My heart breaks a little when I hear your name

It all just sounds like ooh, ooh ooh hoo hoo
Mm, too young, too dumb to realize
That I should have bought you flowers
And held your hand

Should have gave you all my hours
When I had the chance
Take you to every party 'cause all you wanted to do was dance

Now my baby's dancing
But she's dancing with another man

This is very similar to my situation.

I should've done all the things I do now to make her happy, so long ago. I regret not doing that. But now, I've improved, and realize how much I should do for this beautiful fiance I am blessed to have.

I look at Roni and Aaron dancing, they look like they're having so much fun. Aaron twirls her around, Roni laughing as she gets dizzy. 

She almost falls, and I run towards her to try to catch her, but I was too late. 

Aaron caught her, my heart beating fast as he did. 

I am so thankful for this man right at this moment.

He gave me a thumbs up sign, and I smile at him before walking back to where I was previously standing.

They both go back to dancing. 

I guess my baby is dancing with another man.

But that man is her best friend.

He did buy her flowers once.

But so do I, at least once every week.

He does hold her hand sometimes to comfort her.

But I try to hold her hand every chance I get.

He does give her almost all his hours.

But I'm beside her 24/7.

He takes her to parties.

But I always throw a party for her at home.

He dances with her.

But I cry with her, and feel her pain.

It's funny how someone can change for the better in just one year; I thought it was impossible. But, I'm glad to say that I've accomplished the impossible, and proved myself wrong.

I'm thankful for this change.

So...you might have lost your baby in your story, Bruno Mars.

But in this story, my baby's still mine.

FIN 

◇◇◇

A/N: Yes, this marks the end of this story!

Though, there will be an epilogue for this version of the story, and then an alternative ending, and the epilogue of that ending!

So expect three more chapters. But this is the end of the story itself!

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed this story, it wasn't my best, and I for sure am not proud of how it turned out! But it's okay, lol. Not every writer is happy with all of their works, and that's just the process of being a writer.

Anyways, I love you guys!

Xoxo,
Umi 💜

Xoxo,Umi 💜