Chapter 2

Nick sets his phone down and looks out the window of his limo at my apartment window. "Nick, you okay?" Sara asked.

"I shouldn't have left." He breathes trying to keep himself together.
"You had to, protect her. She'll soon understand that."
He sighs, "She's Aria, no she won't." Nick opens the car door ajar before realizing that Jake and Vanessa beat him to the door. Nick closes the door. Sara rolls her eyes.

"Nick I think I know how I can help you, but you have to trust me." She leans forward to tell him her plan.

As I open the door I immediately frown, "Who the fuck buzzed you two in?" I asked with a frown before inching for the door to close. Vanessa presses her foot in between the door.

"I missed you."

I smile, "that is so sweet, really but I."- She pushes past me and I grimace at Jake.
"The whole point of excluding you two out of my life was never to see you again."

"You never stay away too long Aria and you know that," Vanessa says.
"Anything to add Jake or you said all that you needed to outside the coffee shop?" I asked.
"I want you to be apart of my wedding."
I clapped, "Congrats but no."-

"Please don't tell me you're still mad. Jake was mines way before he was even yours." Jake and I eye each other for a moment. "You are absolutely right. So you can go." Vanessa looks around my apartment. "No, I will not leave you alone until you agree to come to our party."
I heavily sighed. "Now if I go will you agree to leave me alone?" Vanessa pulls out her pinky, "pinky swear." She says before locking her pinky with mines.
"Yay!" I roll my eyes as she hugs me. Vanessa skips off before closing the door behind her and Jake just stands there. "Just a few months ago she hated me for fucking you and now she wants to be friends?"

He nods, "And we were together."
I roll my eyes, "Jake you never loved me you either pitied me or just stuck around because you couldn't have Vanessa." Rolling his ocean blue eyes he frowns.

"Which is fine because I used you too," I said.
"Hey! I'm sorry I...I killed your parents." He looks away from me, I know when he lies when he looks away from me. Sauntering over towards him I cup his chin and direct his attention towards me.
"You didn't cause the accident did you?" I asked.
He gulps, "I did."
I nod, "okay, sure. So I guess I was right. Bye now." I turn to walk to my room but he grabs my hand, reeling me into his grasp. He gently tucks my bang behind my ear. "Everything that I felt was real and I never pitied you, our relationship was more than that." He breathes.

"Then why didn't you fight for me?" I asked. "Because I knew you'd never leave me for him. Everyone doesn't want us together." He said.
"Is that why you proposed to V?" I asked as Jake pulls away from me.

"I'll see you at the party. I expect you to to be cheery, for Vanessa's sake."
I roll my eyes,"she can kiss my ass." I mumbled.
"I heard that." He said.
"It was meant to be heard."
He chuckled, "I guess." Rolling my eyes I proceeded to take off my clothes as I make my way into my room and into my bathroom for a shower. After getting out the shower I get dressed and apply my make up on my face.

Vanessa checks her guest list

Vanessa checks her guest list. "Face it she's not coming," Jake said. Johnny nudges Jake's shoulder.
"I'm sure she is," Johnny said. "See, Johnny boy believes she's coming. I mean I did have to threaten her to come to these things in high school I had to trick her into doing her cheerleading routine."

Johnny laughs, "Aria? A cheerleader? Wow, was she hot?"
Jake frowns and her wasnt tryingto hide it. Johnny catches a whiff of it and quietly backs away. "You can't be making those faces when Nick arrives."
Jake crosses his arms, "he's still married." Jake utters and Vanessa turns to face him, "and you'll be too, with me. The love of your life...who you chose in the end."
He nodded before laying a kiss upon her lips.
"Jackson, V," Nick says with open arms. Vanessa greets him with a hug. "It's been a long time," Nick says with a huge smile plastered on his face, so huge you'd think it was fake.

"So where is she?" Nick says looking around.
"Patience Nick she'll be here," Vanessa says so hopeful.
He pats Jake's back, I am so happy that you two are finally settling down."

"And I to you." Jake laughs insensitively. "Really Jake?" Vanessa says hitting him in the back of the head.
"Sorry," Jake shrugged.

"No it's fine, I should've been more careful but things happen," Nick exclaimed. "Where is Danielle by the way?"
Nick shrugs,  off the question as he checks his phone.
"you should know she was your best friend," Nick said before directing his attention towards Johnny. "So he's Johnny?"

Jake clears his throat. "Yup, but don't worry she's so over him." Jake nervously says.

"Right I'm gonna go find Sara," Vanessa said walking off.

I enter the loud room full of people and I am the only one wearing white. No this wasn't an accident this was on purpose I wanted to make a statement. My heels clicked on the marble surface, making my entrance all the while perfect. I smile, "I'm here."
Vanessa of course frowns, "how dare you upstage me at my party?"

I shrugged, "I'm sorry, you look beautiful as always."
She rolls her eyes. One point for me. The thing is  I want to annoy her until she leaves me alone. This alone was a stepping stone.

"Now I can go," I said right before she grabbed my hand.
"Don't you want to say hi to Johnny?"
I roll my eyes. "No, I'm good." I turn only to have Sara block my exit.
"Sara hi! How's the kid, good...bye." She shoves me back a few steps. "Am I being ambushed?"

I turn my direction towards Nick who taps his glass to gather everyone's attention. "Oh, that's why." I cross my arms.
"Usually I'm not good with speeches but when it comes to these two it's well needed. I've known these two since I was a kid you know and I always watched Jake struggle to get her, and he finally got her and their gonna live happily ever after. And to ensure that my parents have partnered with me on their venue for their wedding which will be held at my parent's private beach." Everyone starts to applaud him. "How nice of him." I sarcastically said my thought out loud without realizing that it slipped.
"Isn't he?" I push past the crowd that was about to swarm Vanessa. Making my way towards the bar. "What an entrance." I smile as I turn around. "I tried."