Chapter 5

"You overheard didn't you?"
He nods, "yes and he's right."

I roll my eyes with a heavy sigh. "Jake our relationship was nothing like that. Half of it wasn't true I gave up on him after a while but that was all on me because I fell in love with you.

I don't admit this much but you didn't just talk me out of killing myself you saved me. And at that moment I realized, you and even I was worth fighting for... to be loved. The truth is I didn't give you a chance when I should have. And I always expect someone to fight for me but I never really fight back. And if waiting means forever then I will."-

Jake pulls me in for a kiss relentlessly. "You make it so damn hard to not love you."

I stand, "if you want to leave I can't stop...you." Jake stands, grabbing my hand he reels me back into his arms. He kisses me one last time.
"I refuse to let you wait for me, Aria I want you to be happy even if it's not with me. I'm selfish, not that selfish. I love you, hold on to that." I squeeze his hand before allowing him to leave me.

I spent the past week back at home with Isaac preferably because Ester was out visiting family with my brother and no one really likes Isaac.
"So anything happened lately?" He asks making conversation as he enters my room. "I don't want to discuss it," I said looking away. "So something has was is bad or just bad?"

"I almost slept with someone bad." He crossed his arms as he leaned into the door. "Sexual activities isn't."-

"Yea, but if they're engaged it's not." He gasped before sitting down. "Who?" He asked eggar to know. "Jake." He claps, "I mean bad, monogamy is the key and whatever Ester tells you." I laughed, "the bad thing about it was I didn't care that I might hurt Vanessa I just wanted to be happy like always. But I always ended up being the butt end of the joke."

"You really did love Jackson." I nodded, "yea I did and instead of me seeing what was right in front of me I chose someone that I did love but now."-

"You finally came to your senses that you want him." I laugh with happiness and hug my father. "Aria you've been through worse things than this and if I can be frank, you are a fighter. You'll survive." He says. "But then everyone wants me to be with Nick and I refuse to hurt him." Isaac nods and kisses my cheek. "Alright well let's go get something to eat because we both know we don't cook." I chuckled, "hell yea."

We both make our way towards the door, Isaac opens the door for me and I exit. A limo waits outside the house. The door opens ajar, "Aria...I didn't know you were upper East side styling." I roll my eyes, "I'm not...it's him." Nick steps out in a suit and tie.

"Aria." I walk up to him, "Nicholas." I got him with his full name and turned to walk away but he grabbed me. Isaac crosses his arms. "Its okay dad," I said snatching my arm back. "Are you stalking me?" He shakes his head. "Just strolling around. And I just wanted to say how might Vanessa feel if she did find out you were about to fuck her financè?" He whispers, "You were spying on me?" He shrugs before holding a CD up to my view. "If blackmailing you to listen to me."-

"You're married," I said. "Jake won't leave her for you! But I'm leaving Danny for you, do you not see that. I want to be with you." He exclaimed. "Because I've moved on that's why! Nick, you had your chance to leave her when I confessed that I still loved you but you blew it." I said. "So now you're trying to get back at me by falling in love with my supposedly best friend." I shrug, "I got tired of denying how I felt about him, Nick! And if I was I would've fucked him but I didn't, would you like to know why?" I asked as if he had the right to know which he didn't.
"Why?"

"Because I'd rather him be happy. I don't want to force myself on him. But then again I'm sick of putting others happiness above mines that's why I stopped talking to you sons of bitches. Now get the fuck out of my face before I lose it." I snapped frustrated by him. He smirks as he nods, "wow, was that bitch buttercup?" I stiffen for a moment as that word alarms me in the most sexually frustrating way possible.
"You don't get to call me that, that was child's play and playtime is over. And if I was ever considering getting back with you it will be on my terms. Oh and tell Sara I said hello." I wave at the limo before walking off with my dad.
"Such langue for a young lady." Isaac jokes. "Really?"
"What? I had to say it...come on, fine I'm sorry." I shake my head.

Nick climbs back into the limo. "None of what I'm doing is working." Nick scoffs. "Well, maybe you should try making her jealous," Sara suggested. "That's a good idea, I'll call Danielle." Sara touches his hand that reaches for his phone. "Or me, she'll be taken aback by her friend betraying her." He nods, "You know what you are right." He says with a sincere smile which makes her smile. "Yea the first woman to ever give you a kid vs. The love of your life." She said.

A week had past and I was mainly focused on my work. School work to be specific. "Aria." Vanessa giddily runs towards me. "Why haven't you returned any of my calls?" I shrugged. "I've been busy."

"Well stop my wedding is important." I nodded slowly. "Right about that, I told you'll I'll be at the wedding."-

"Yea as in in the wedding. I need you to be at this wedding." I almost fucked your man girl and did but that's beside the point. "Wouldn't it be awkward?" I asked and she shakes her head. "Why would it? You and Nick are working things out." I uncomfortably laugh, "see come on let's go I have so much to plan."