Chapter 6

How did I ever allow myself to get this far? You know by her doing this it feels like torture. To watch me watch her get her happy ending. "So should I do pink or silver?"
I shrug, "I mean, pink is your color but."-

"Hey, V I bought you that protein shake you...oh."-
He pauses as his eyes landed upon me. I, of course, didn't give him any type of eye contact because I simply couldn't face the man I recently confessed to waiting for is marrying my old friend.
"Aria agreed to help me out in wedding plans and join the wedding." Jake nods, "wonderful." He said trying to search for my eyes. I check my imaginary watch. "Ah well, why don't you look at the time. I have to go um...meet my partner for this project I'm doing so I'm gonna go." Vanessa winks at me, "is that some type of code for buttercup and Romeo 2.0?" I shake my head. "Ah no...I Really have work to do and it's."-

"It's okay we get it, go get it done." This bitch is about to make me beat her ass again. I smile and grab my things before brushing pass Jake on the way to the door. "Jake you should walk her out...we have that creepy neighbor who likes to touch on women."

"No, I'm pretty sure she can handle herself." I nodded agreeing with him. "Exactly. I'll be fine." Vanessa crosses her arms. "No Jake walk her down or I will never forgive you for it." Jake heavily sighs and escorts me out the door. Jake closes the door. "You can wait out here five minutes before going in it's fine." He chuckles, "right because you're trying to make me happy?" I nodded keeping my pace steady towards the elevator. "Yes, I told you I wanted you to be happy and you decided you wanted to be with her." Jake shakes his head.

"I did but then again I didn't, I wanted you to fight like you said you were but you didn't go after me." I rolled my eyes, "I was respecting your wish." I press the button for the elevator and step in as the doors open. "Right." I nodded. "I'm not going to be selfish." He smirks, "I like the bitch you were from two weeks ago. I like this you to...all of you but that one knew what she wanted and didn't give up."

He said purposely knowing how I would react. I step forward, "oh I didn't give up I just."-

"Didn't want conflict but Aria, face it you're always in conflict." I roll eyes. "You know you upset me when you do that eye roll thing." He said. "Too bad you can't do anything about it." Jake clutches his hands as I step back into the elevator.

"Tyler."

"Carson." The door closes and I take a deep breath. I can't deal with this, I wanted to take him down right then and there. I step off the elevator and gaze upon Danny. "Hi, bitch." She says as if this was playtime. "Excuse me, why are you here?" I asked.
"Did you forget Vanessa and I are friends?"

"I really don't see why." I spat.

"Same for you but all I can say it's just pity." I clap my hands together. "I guess we're both the same," I said. "What does that mean?" She asked. "Let's just say there once was a quiet little birdie and I took her under my wing and now look at her, successful."

"And so much better than you." I take a chunk of her hair and direct my eyes to hers. "No one is better than me, no one. And if you even think that, the accident made me weak you are sorely mistaken. I only pretend to be the nice innocent girl but deep down I'm still that bitch." She laughs shoving my hand away. "I knew it." She said.

"I knew you still had her deep down buried somewhere in there. But too bad she doesn't scare me anymore." I smack her. "Oh, I don't want you to be scared. I just want you to know that your fifteen minutes of fame is up but in this story, I'm the queen." I brush past her and walk off into the parking lot.

Jake entered the room to suddenly stop in mid-walk to catch Vanessa's conversation on the phone. "Yea, I'd love that." She giggled. "Hey! We can't see each other anymore...I know you don't want me to but I made a promise to Nick. If I don't marry him then his chance at true happiness is gone."

Jake knocked on the wall. "Oh hey, Jake...I'll talk to you later." She hangs her phone up and brushes her hair from out her face and turns to him.

"I just wanted to tell you that I'm going out with the guys." She nods and he turns away to leave. He opens the door to see Danny with a hot handprint on her face. Jake smirks, "wipe that smug look off your face." She pushes him off to the side and enters.

To the beat of the weekend's new song call out your name and swayed my hides to the beat as I began to plan my storyboard.

Ding dong!

"It's open!" I yell to busy to care who it was. I believe it was my landlord asking for my rent but it wasn't. "Larry the money's on the."- I turn to Jake who stares lustfully at me. It was like he had this hidden agenda in his eyes. "Did I forget something?" I asked and without warning his calm lips pressed up against mines sending chills down my spine. He gives me breaks in between takes to react. "Am I your booty call?" I asked as he aggressively unbuttoned my shirt with no effort. "No." I gently push him away. "Then why the sudden change?" I asked leaning onto my table. He leans in for another kiss but immediately stop him.

"Can we talk about this later?" I cross my arms, "no you're hiding how you feel now." He heavily sighs as he lowers his head. "Vanessa and I both are cheating on each other she only wants me to marry her so that Nick can have you okay now lets."-

I raise my hand, "so now you want me?" I asked. "I didn't want to do this because I didn't want to hurt her because I believed she somehow deep down loved me. That and I needed a distraction so I could get over you."

"So what makes me less than her? I was your distraction. You completely left me after I found out the truth." He furrows his eyebrows at me. "And you didn't? You're no saint either! As soon as he started remembering you ran back to him!"

"I did but I thought that I wanted him and when I saw you with Vanessa I realized I didn't want him anymore I wanted you. That and I tried to be on my own but I wanted you." I exclaimed. "Then what's stopping you?"

"Nothing."