Chapter 8

"Sara." I breathed in annoyance. "Do you always keep your door unlocked?" Jake whispers in my ear. "No...she has a key," I mumble. "Why does she have a key?"-

"Because I'm her only friend." Sara says, "wait so you cut me and Vanessa off and not her?" He pulls away from me. "Look I was hurt...she."-

"She tortured you."

"And you helped!" He sighs, "I should come back."-

"Yes."-

"No, stay," I said grimacing at the sight of him. "Actually I just came to drop off your invitation to Aaron's birthday party." I smile, "thanks...wait you're not gonna snitch are you?" I asked. "Nah, that'll be less fun for me when the truth comes out." Rolling my eyes I watch as she leaves. Jake shakes his head at me. Leaning in I smirk. "Don't give me that look." He said looking away from me. "What look?" I said taking off his shirt. "Oops." I purred. "I'm mad...so stop."

"You poor thing." He sighs, "fine...I'm sorry...I didn't know that bothered you."-

"Yea, Aria I'm supposed to."- He pauses. "I...nothing." I cross my arms, "you are my best friend but you were also my ex and I didn't...I couldn't stand to see you with someone other than me." He scoffs, "really?"

"Cross my heart hope to die," I said. "But still you can't keep running away." I chuckle, "I can do whatever I want. That includes running... stop trying to be my voice of reasoning."

"Oh, I see it's okay to have sex with you when I don't lecture you, but when I do it's bad. You're really confusing."

"No, you are, because if you really love me you'd leave her."

"You know exactly why I can't." I laugh, "right, okay at least I know Nick would've done it." I mumbled as if he couldn't hear me. "Well, why don't you go back to him!"

"Is that what you want?" I asked. "I don't know it's up to you because honestly, I know what I want."

"Me?" I asked, hoping he'd say yes but what came out his mouth really fucking hurt. "I don't know anymore...I-I gotta go." Grabbing onto his hand I tug on him to come back. "Wait I'm sorry."-

"You're always sorry."

"Please don't be mad." He turns to me, "I need space okay."

"You've had a whole year of space, Jackson, am I what you want or not? Because if not I need to know before I waste my time." I exclaimed.

"No one asked you to." He snapped right before snatching his hand back. "Fuck you!" I yelled.

Stopping in mid tracks he balls his fist together. "Don't test me."

"I know your limits."

"Do you really? You know nothing about me." He said. "That's...not true," I said before looking away. "See, and that is exactly why I'm marrying V."

"Fine, but just know I'm the best thing you ever had! And I was there for you ", I said. "Were you really? You left! You only care about me if I'm with V you said it yourself....or...or when I'm the only person to cry on but no more you don't get to screw me over anymore." Gulping I look away. "Fine."

"Fine." As Jake exits the room I lowering my head to my feet, contemplating what I just said. Knowing that I love him, I should've stopped him. But my fears of heartbreak get in the way.

I jump as my phone rings. "What?" I snapped answering the phone.

Nick- wow, that's how you're gonna treat an old friend?

Aria- sorry I'm having a rough day

Nick- side chick problems?

Aria- I am not the side chick! He's just not getting that he needs to break up with her

Nick- well for what it's worth, he's an idiot

Aria- he's your best friend

Nick- he was until he took you away from me

Aria- it was my choice

Nick- I know, but still guy code

Aria- I guess you're right

Nick- you sounded upset...would you like to talk about it?

Aria- we both know we don't talk

Nick- but I want to

Aria- maybe later

Nick- alright I'll take that

Aria- thanks see you at Jr's birthday

Nick- oh yea, don't forget to buy a gift

I hang up. "I see that went nice," Sara said. "Thanks for the tip...she maybe finally realizing that I'm what's right for her," Nick says. "What about Danny though?" He smirks, "Dean and Danielle will be perfect for each other."

"Great idea...call him now." She said looking away.

"Hey, Dean I know we don't get along but I would love for you to come to Aaron's birthday party, I have the address just show up."

I arrived at Sara's new house with my gift in hand. I bought him a marvel shirt and a dinosaur toy. I think that's what he likes, he's like four now or five...I'm not good at keeping up with stuff like this.

"Ria!" Arron in screams as he waddled over to me and gave me a hug. "Hi sweetie, how old are you now?"

"F-five." I hand five him and walk over to the gift table. "Thanks for coming." Sara says, "he likes dinosaurs right?" She nods. "Great...what the hell is he doing here?"-

"Who Nick? He's Arron's dad."

"Not him, Dean."

"Aria, how."-

Smack!

"I'm wonderful, I wish I could say the same to you, now if you excuse me I'm going to go grab a drink."

"Let me guess you tried to fuck her too?" Dean smirks, "well let's just say she isn't as easy as you." Snarling Sara throws her drink in his face, "that never happened! I gotta get away from you." Sara said storming away.