Chapter 1

Through the stillness of a cold Gotham night, 12 year old Damian wayne, the newest boy wonder, jumped from rooftop to rooftop, he didn't know where he was going but somewhere away from here

       Flashback to a few hours earlier

"you didn't have to beat him so mercilessly" his father snapped in a cold voice.

"did you see what he did with that poor child!" exclaimed Damian "he deserves far worse than death"

"Back from patrol already" came a cheery voice belonging to Richard 'dick' Grayson but it failed to ease the tension between the batman and current Robin.

"I don't even know why I try to tame your wild behavior, you always just have to go ruin everything we work for" said batman harshly

"Did the demon mess something up again" said a teen emerging from the stairs recognised as Tim drake.

"TIM" Dick scolded

"You shut up Drake, I did nothing wrong, that man deserved what he got besides, its not like I killed him" snapped Damian.

"But you COULD have, you've always been trouble for me sometimes, I wish you weren't ever born " the words were out before Bruce could stop them.
All three boys eyes widened.

Damian had heard enough, he ran out of the bat cave into the city ignoring his 'brothers' and 'fathers' calls

                End of Flashback

The cool nights air felt like a slap on Damians face.
'sometimes I wish you weren't ever born'.These words kept replaying in Damians mind as he struggled to hold back tears. Of course his father wouldn't want or love him.

'your a monster, a demon, a MURDERER!'
Said a voice inside his head
'nobody wants you, nobody loves you, nobody could ever love you'

"STOP IT" Screamed Damian. "I'm not a monster I'm not murderer, I'm not a demon"

"I am" came a voice scaring the good  living life out of him.

'shit' he thought 'I'm Robin, son of batman and Talia Al Ghul. How could I let someone sneek up on me'

Damian turned around to come face to face with a girl around his age. She had curly red hair, sun tanned skin and bright blue eyes.She wore a cocky smirk on her lips. There was something really familiar about this girl but Damian just couldn't put his finger on it.
"Who are you? , what do you want?" said Damian ready to fight
The girl's cocky smirk turned into a frown.
"you really don't remember me? Seriously?" she asked
Damian studied her closely and then it hit him.
Back when his grandfather was alive,and he was only 5  he was sent on a mission to one of his grandfathers bases to investigate what was causing a disturbence there. He found a few mad scientists experimenting on a girl his age. He freed the girl and killed all of the scientists with her help, that's when he discovered that she could bend fire to her own will. He also discovered that she was an amazing fighter. She then revealed that she was the daughter of the devil himself and that she had as much blood on her hands as Damian but was trying to quit killing, taking pity on her, Damian let her go, they still kept in touch after that event and eventually became best friends, Damian even had a small crush on her but after Damian was sent to his father he expected to never see her again but here she was.
"k.. Katie......" he choked
"The one and only, and no need to worry about your secret identity, you think I wouldn't recognise you Damian" she said in a taunting voice which Damian found so damn cute.
"b..but how" he stuttered
" It wasn't really that hard, because you always gloated about the fact that you are the son of the bat and I easily added two and two plus your face is usually on TV with your father, brothers(Tim and Dick because the media doesnt know that Jason is alive) and sisters(Stephenie and Cassandra). When I did some further research, I found out that every time Bruce Wayne adopted an orphan, another bat kid appeared so the only logical explanation is that Bruce Wayne is Batman and you are Robin"
She said with a smile.
"YOU...... are actually really smart" Damian admitted.
"so why were you having a mental break, down like five minutes ago" Katie asked curiosly.
Damian immediately scowled at the reminder.
"That's not your business" he snapped
"So your as rude ever" she said annoyed but immediately noticed the tears under his mask and started to worry.
"hey, Dames are you crying, omg tell me what happened" she said on the verge of freaking out, her tough best friend who she had a huge crush on never cried unless it was something serious.
"shut up, I'm not crying and even if I am it's none of your business" he said angirly.
"Damian, looking out for you is my business, I cared for you, I still do. And I'll never forget that you were the one who cared for me. You saved me from those scientists years ago when you could have easily killed, you reminded me that I was not a freak and you were there for me when I needed a shoulder to cry on" said Katie. She still remembered how she was caught in the middle of her own parents fighting just like Damian,and how Damian was there to support her and make her smile even on the darkest days.
Damian finally broke. He told her all about how he felt like a murderer and monster and the fight he had with his father a few hours earlier. She sympatheticly listened and after he was done with his venting, Katie reminded him of all the good things he had done in his life and that he was just misguided by his grandfather. The importent thing was that he was trying to change.
"so if you don't plan on going back to your father anytime soon, where will you be staying? " asked Katie
"Mother owns an apartment in Gotham, I'm sure she won't mind me using it" said Damian" oh... And I forgot to ask, what are you doing in Gotham? "
" My mom got a new job as a professional hacker working for the Gotham police station"said Katie smiling
"I'm shifting here" she cried