There is More to It

Ali was asking the inspector about the whereabouts of Samuel. He had put his phone off and the last tower he was at is close to the venue; He may be here. They were about to enter the backstage when she heard Dec calling her "Ali..."

They turned around to see him running to them.
Ali: "Dec, what is it?"

He looked at the inspector "You have to track Ant's phone immediately. It's with Samuel and he is here"

Everyone was shocked at that Ali:"How did you..."

Dec: "He called me from Ant's phone to say he have Ant and asked me to go to Ant's home .He wanted me to sign the documents that could free him of all changes and get him back to work. He threatened me that if I didn't, he will hurt Ant. He told me that he had asked Ant to return home in our car saying he had me in custody. He also said that he had hurt Junior and will also hurt Ant.."

Ali : "What?!! but Dec!"

Dec : "Exactly. Ant could never take our car as  it was with you and so were Junior and Joe and you just reached now!"

Ali: "Yeah. They are outside now, I am sure"

Dec: "He also said that he knows you are with the cops. He might have seen you entering together"

Alph had already asked to search for the phone
"Mr Donnelly, could you please call him back? We have to pinpoint the location and at the moment we cannot establish a connection"

Trembling, Dec dialled the number like he had done so many times. Only now,  it would be picked up by his arch enemy. He could hear his heart in his ears as he waited for Samuel to pick up but it didn't. Instead it went to Ant's voicemail. Dec felt tears in his eyes as he heard his friend's voice grumpy but still cheery..... just like him.

He pressed the end button in frustration.
Dec: " I can't reach him"

Alph: "It's okay. The next time he calls you, our servers will tag him. I think now we should focus on finding Mr McPartlin"

Dec trembled at that "Don't know where to find him. What if Samuel has him? Not at his home but still.. God if I had taken that car"

Alph: "Which car?"

Dec: "Samuel asked me to reach Ant's home in a car he had arranged. I was about to go and then I realised my mistake"

Ali: "Thank god, Declan! Thank god you didn't do what he asked you to. It might be a trap"

Dec: " It might be. He told me that it is an old white one with the key on the ignition"

Alph: "We will take care of that. Now that we know Mr McPartlin  is no longer with him, we have to find how he got the phone and where Mr McPartlin is"

Dec: "You are right. I am sure he was inside his dressing room as his dress was missing but I didn't find his stained shirt. Maybe he went to mine to change... But why would he?"

Ali: "Let's just go and check"

Alph: "We will take care of the rest and call me if you don't find him. Here's my card. I will meet you later"

Dec: " Thank you, sir"

As the inspector left them, they ran to Dec's dressing room. Dec was afraid to hope but he still prayed Ant will be there, he wished he is . But to his despair, as he reached for the bolt, he found it locked.

Ali: "It's locked... where will we search for him now? Maybe we should call Alph?" Ali stopped short as she saw Dec trembling beside her.

Dec couldn't hold the shiver that passed through him this time.He felt steel on his tongue.  What if he was wrong? What if Samuel really had Ant with him?What if Samuel had seen him talking to Ali and cops??

Just then his phone rang to show Ant's number

"Oh No!"

TBC