Chapter 4 - Genin Exams

== Time skip to one week before genin exams ==

Naruto and Sasuke have been training with Shikamaru and Sakura at the Uchiha compound for the whole year non-stop. Naruto was always arguing with his twin brother Sasuke about who was better although, that argument would always end with Sakura punching them both and Shikamaru mumbling something about troublesome women.

They were practicing chakra control and genjutsu release but stopped when Itachi arrived. "Hello everyone, I see you guys are improving quite quickly."

"Because that wasn't obvious." Sasuke said sarcastically. Itachi sighed and began to walk away. "Oh, Naruto and Sasuke, father wants you home when the sun begins to go down so you guys can study." The two mumbled something then sighed. "Alright, alright, now we are going to continue training Itachi~nii so see you tonight." Sasuke nodded in agreement.

"Alright Naruto and Sasuke, see you then." Itachi then disappeared out of thin air and everyone continued training.

"Shadow clone jutsu." The young Uchiha's said simultaneously. Over 30 Sasuke's appeared while over 70 Naruto's appeared. The shadow clones would not stop talking to each other, which made Sakura grab each one individually by the collar and punch them in the face, hoping she would successfully punch the real ones. As Sakura was doing that, Shikamaru decided to go and take a nap by the shaded tree.

Hey kit, why don't you challenge Sasuke. You can see who can climb up the tree successfully using just chakra control. Kurama asked as a smirk showed on his face. "Great idea Kurama, I'll ask them now." He walked up to Sakura and Sasuke who were standing beside each other, (the shadow clones were all pummelled by Sakura) and discussing what things they would want to change in the future even though Sakura had to partially lie due to Sasuke not knowing anything. "Hey guys!" Naruto waved at them as he continued walking towards them. "Let's have a competition to see who is better at chakra control, whoever loses has to buy everyone ramen." The two agreed and they began the challenge.

It took Sakura two hours to "figure out" how to successfully have chakra control and walk up the tree. After another three hours, Naruto and Sasuke tied walking up the tree. "Aha! I beat you Sasuke, believe it!" Naruto said as he was struggling to catch his breath. "Whatever loser, I obviously won." He replied as he collapsed right beside Naruto.

== One hour after sunset ==

The two young Uchiha's bolted home as they realized they should have been home an hour ago. "Hurry Naruto! We are already an hour late!" Naruto was right behind the panicked Sasuke. "Yeah, yeah I know. Now let's go!" They busted through the door only to realize they were about to run into their parents and couldn't stop. CRASH "Uhhh, hello nice to see you!" The two boys said in unison. Their father and mother looked terrifyingly angry. "Where. Have. You. Boys. Been. Hmm?" The father said as steam went out his ears. The two looked at each other in a worrisome look and Sasuke replied. "We were training and we didn't notice the sun went down, must have been the time change that happened that messed us up. Oops." The mother dragged the boys to the table to eat. It was a very high tension dinner. "You boys did not listen and for that, you will only be allowed to study to improve your academics, understood?" The father said in a stern tone. Naruto and Sasuke nodded and after eating, they went up to their room to rest.

"And of course we have the week off so that means we are cooped up on the house, for the WHOLE week." Naruto said as he stood up and began to walk in circles. Their mother came into their room and sighed. "You twins are troublesome, you know that?" Anyways, you boys are forbidden to leave the house until the genin exams next week, understood?" They both nodded and went to sleep.

After a whole week of constantly studying and writing essays, the time for the genin exams came and they both silently celebrated in excitement.

== Shikamaru's pov ==

'Man, what a drag'  I thought as I looked for Sakura to tell her my concern about Naruto and Sasuke. I approached Sakura as she sat on a bench and began to tell her all of my concerns. "If we don't see them today at the genin exams then we should be worried, otherwise I'm sure they're fine Shikamaru. I know they don't know anything about the future as I temporarily wiped their memories of it but they are already stronger than they were at this age in the past."

"Wait how did yo- never mind, anyways we should get going and remember to preform exactly how you did on your previous genin exams. We don't want to change the future that much." Sakura nodded to me in return and we both silently walked to the academy.

== Third person pov ==

The bell at the academy rang and the whole class was all riled up. "Shikamaru I swear if you mess one thing up-." Sakura said. "Yeah yeah I won't you troublesome women. I am trying to sleep you know." Shikamaru said as he was drifting off to sleep. He thought he would be getting a regular nap in but was knocked unconscious by Sakura yelling, "YOU IDIOT!"

Iruka walked into the classroom to see this and sighed. "Now now class, quiet down. Anyways good morning. Today we will be doing the genin exams written exam. If you have anything to say about it then say it to yourself." He began handing out the papers and noticed Shikamaru was gaining consciousness now and told him to get up and do it. All he earned was a sigh from him. "Alright begin."

== Day of ninjustu exam and written exam results ==

"Congratulations to  Uchiha Naruto and Uchiha Sasuke to getting 100% like their brother Itachi did. Well done." Iruka announced. "Now everyone, do not get discouraged if you do not pass this time around, you will have many other chances to become a genin."

One by one the students got called in to take their ninjustu exam in front of the third hokage. Once everyone was tested, Iruka announced the results. "The following students please come down and get your official leaf shinobi headband: Aburume Shino, Nara Shikamaru, Haruno Sakura, Hyūga Hinata, Akimichi Choji,  Yamanaka Ino, Uchiha Sasuke, Uchiha Naruto, and Inuzuka Kiba. Congratulations all nine of you." The new genin were celebrating while the rest of the class was sulking in their corners, bickering with each other.

"Woohoo! I'm a true shinobi now!" Naruto exclaimed. Shikamaru sighed and went to his seat to go back to sleep. "All new genin, please meet up here in three days to find out yours teams. You are now dismissed." Iruka said as he skipped out of the classroom.

AN/ Hope you enjoyed chapter 4. Comment who should be on what team, (Naruto and Sasuke will be together.)