Lift

It had been two months since Alya and Marinette had started their thrice-a-week gym routine. They made sure not to work themselves too hard, and rewarded themselves with ice cream at the end of the week, along with a relaxing movie day on the weekend.
Today was a Wednesday, meaning that they were the gym for an hour-long workout.
"Yep. I'm gonna run my laps," Alya told her friend, scrolling through a new playlist she had made. Marinette smiled at her, and Alya did a two-finger salute with a wink before jogging off around the track that encircled the exercising equipment.
Ever since they had started, Alya had been more into cardio than anything else. She already had to carry her sisters around after school, and didn't really want to have to lift anything else!
As for Marinette, of course, she mainly focused on building strength, but would go a lap or two with Alya once in awhile.
Currently, she was striding over to the vertical bench press. They had two stations set up, and both were occupied. Kim was breathing heavily at one of them, sweat beading on his forehead as he struggled with his last rep. He didn't notice as his classmate walked past towards the regular bench press, where there were two spots open.
Marinette took a deep breath, loading one 5-pound weight on each side of the 45-pound bar.
"I can't believe how far I've come since the beginning," she whispered to Tikki, who was hiding around her somewhere. "Even if I'm only able to do a few reps!"
She wiggled her fingers, closing her eyes and taking another deep inhale. Then she slid onto the bench, positioning her hands, and raising the heavy bar. Lowering it to her chest. Raising it. Lowering it.
After a few minutes that felt like hours, she let go. The bar fell the few centimeters from her grip and into the holders with a mildly loud clang, and she let her arms drop to her sides, catching her breath. After wiping off her forehead with the back of her hand, she mumbled to herself.
"Ten down, Ten to go."

A/N- So, as you're noticed, these chapters are really short. I kind of imagined this story like a four-shot (if that's a thing) and so I've been posting it in less-lengthy chapters so I can gather my thoughts together before writing the next segment. I have no idea if what I just typed made any sense, but basically this is meant to have lots of time-skips, so the chapters aren't long :)
THaNk YOu SO mUcH FoR REaDiNg!
Have an awesome day :)