Tired

"Bye mom! I'm leaving for real this time!" Marinette laughed as she walked to the door of the bakery, repositioning her purse over her shoulder. Sabine smiled warmly at her daughter and her friend, Alya, complimenting Marinette  her shirt. Her eyebrows suddenly knitted together with concern. "Oh, Marinette, you're going to get cold out there with no sleeves!" Sabine hurried to the coat rack in their living room, coming back with a leather jacket. "I forgot to tell you that your grandmother sent this yesterday! It matches her own! Isn't that cool?" Sabine handed the jacket to Marinette, who pulled it over her shoulders. "Now you can go, dear. Have a great day at school, you two!" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So far, Alya, Sabine, and everyone else that saw her (except Chloe) had complimented Marinette on her outfit. They were currently nearing the end of first period with Miss Bustier. Everyone was finished with their classwork, and there was a hum in the room as everyone chatted with those sitting near them. Marinette was only just now starting to realize how tired she was as Alya explained to her the newest ladyblog posts.

The sun beamed directly through the window and at her back, which would have been a comfortable warm feeling, but right now it felt like the sun was burning a hole through her back. I have to take this off!  "Sorry Alya, but can you help me for a sec?" Chuckling, Alya pulled the jacket sleeve closest to her. Marinette then slipped her arm out and took the jacket off easily, laying it over the back of her chair. Alya continued explaining, now moving on to another identity-revealing theory. I have no idea what I'd do if  she actually figured out that I'm Ladybug!

Marinette yawned again, this time stretching her arms out behind her to complete it. 

"Marinette!"

A loud voice behind her made Marinette whip her head around. "What!?" 

Kim stood next to her desk, eyes wide. "C-Can you do that again? Your biceps.. They're amazing." He said , in all seriousness. Alya smirked as her friend shrugged. "My pleasure," Marinette agreed, flexing her muscles as the other students stared at her arms in awe. 

The most prominent of all of them was Adrien, whose cheeks flushed bright red when he saw her. 

~~

Alya and Marinette made their way out the door of their last class in high spirits. Marinette was about to ask her friend a question when she heard a familiar voice over her shoulder.

"Marinette?"

She turned to face a blond-haired boy who was still... just barely... blushing. 

He put his hand behind his neck, glancing at the floor before up into her eyes. 

"I, uh, I like your shirt. D-id you make it yourself?" He questioned, trying not to stutter over his words, which he never had had a problem with before.

"Um, Yeah! I just, uh, altered it this morning." She answered, definitely not expecting him to ask her about it. 

"You did an amazing job on it. I'll- I'll see you tomorrow, then!"

And this was the first time that Adrien had realized his crush on Marinette.