Malvern

A lot of things annoyed the boy. There was a lot that he hated, but not so much that it overrode the things he loved.

The girl had a few things that annoyed her a lot. It was hard for someone not to hate something.

"Do you know what's weird?"

"Huh?" The boy asked half mumbling.

"Hatred is such a common thing anymore. You look at any post or talk to anyone there's a nine out of ten chance that person is going to say they hate that. And if I'm being ironic, I hate that."

"But then there's also the people who don't speak up about what they hate. I hate that."

The girl nodded in agreement. She thought about the things she hates. The tops of her list made her feel guilty and sad, but it was the truth.

The boy thought about the things he hates. The list was long, but the things that made the biggest mark were slightly frustrating.

"I really hate expectations. Or at least the expectations people put onto me. A lot of people expect me to be this perfect guy and expect me to be willing and ready for any project any time and that's not who I am or want to be."

"I really hate that I haven't ever had independence. My parents have had my entire life planned out. Where I was going to go to school, who they want me to marry even though I hate the kid, and how I'm gonna spend every goddamn minute of my life. It's BS. And they only want me to marry the kid because it's their best friends son. It's stupid."

"Hey, at least you're living independently now. That's a plus, you're getting away."

"And you're not having to live up to anyone's expectations right now."

They smiled at each other. They were pure smiles. Equally happy and each of them were basking in each others presence.

The only shame was that the happiness was going to be cut in just 4 short stops.