Exton

"Finn, can I admit something to you?"

The boy nodded at her, noting the seriousness in her voice. Her features softened fearfully and she sighed deeply. He looked at her with concerned, and subconsciously grabbed her hand gently.

"I'm terrified of my parents."

He moved his head and furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm scared that they're going to do something to stop me. But technically, I'm an adult, they don't technically have control over me anymore. I'm just so scared that they are going to call my aunt, or come to her house to get me. Or I don't know, I'm just so scared."

The girls hands were shaking and her breaths became rapid. The boy took a hold of the other hand as well and attempted to help her calm her breathing. He had dealt with this sort of thing many times before.

"Abby, please Abby. Just slow your breathing. Stop worrying about it."

"But...it....it...it's so hard to stop."

"I know but can you try? For me? You'll be alright I promise. Like you said, you're an adult, they can't stop you. Plus you have the funds to do school on your own."

The girl sniffed and her eyes let the last of the tears to drip out. Her breathing leveled and her hands stopped shaking.

The boy watched her with delicateness and care. He wanted to make sure she ended up being okay.

The boy kept holding her hands through it all and allowed her to hold them as long as she wanted.

She never let go of his hands once.