{Chapter 3} Smiley Face

~Craig's POV~
It felt so good to see (Y/N) after all these years. She hasn't changed much, the only thing that's really changed is she's gotten so much more beautiful (not that she wasn't back then). I was more than happy I got her number. Maybe I can ask her to hang out tomorrow?
"I missed her, River. I really did. I'm so happy she's moved down here." I said to River, even though I know she wouldn't know what I was saying.
The time was 6:28 p.m. I decided to ask (Y/N) if she wanted to hang out in the morning.
Craig: Hey! You up for a run tomorrow morning? Maybe we can grab some BRUnch after. 😁
I got an almost immediate response.
(Y/N): sure. hmu tomorrow. 😊
Very short, but sweet response. Just like her. Short, but sweet.
~(Y/N)'s POV~
  Craig asked me to hang out. Oh god. What do I do? What do I say? "AMAAANNDDDAAAA I NEED HELP!" I screamed to Amanda. "Just a sec, Mom." She said lazily. I heard her walking down the hall to me. "Alright. What's up?" She said. "Okay, so. Craig asked me to hang out tomorrow." I showed her the text. "What do I say?" Amanda thought for a minute. "Lemme take over." She typed something for about 30 seconds. Was it really that easy to respond? Maybe I should try it on my own more. "You're welcome." Amanda smiled and got up. I looked at what she sent. "What does hmu mean? Is it an Italian food?" I asked. "No. It means hit me up. Which means to text or call you, or just talk to you in general. So in Mom language, it reads, 'Okay! Talk to me tomorrow and we can make plans. Smiley face.'" Amanda said. "Thanks, Manda Panda." I said to her.
~Time Skip to Tomorrow Morning, 5:27 a.m.~
Craig: You up for a run?
  That notification woke me up. Who could be texting me at this time? The sun isn't even up yet! I grabbed my phone. Oh my God. It was Craig. What do I reply? I need Amanda. Wait- I'm an adult. I can do this myself.
(Y/N): sounds good! smiley face
  Wait. Was I supposed to send the word smiley face or send an emoji of one? Too late now. Now I just have to wait for him to respond.
Craig: Haha cool. Be there in an hour. Btw typing 'smiley face' won't send one lol
I knew I should've sent the emoji! Dammit, still too late now. Anyways, I need to hurry because Craig will be here in an hour. If I remember anything about that man, he's always fashionably late. He has cleaned up his act now, so he'll most likely be early. I quickly hopped in the shower and took the World's Shortest Shower™️. I got out and put on a pair of leggings and an old T-shirt. I put my hair into a ponytail and waited for Craig to arrive.
Craig: I'm outside rn. Come out when you're ready.
I went outside and saw Craig standing at my door. "Hey! You ready, bro?" Craig asked. "I was born ready." I replied. We both laughed and started walking down the sidewalk.