he was perfection

Over the first week i came in on time,i made sure of it,i couldn't miss the piano mans seranades,his fingers gliding over the ivory keys,his voice making my heart melt,he was true perfection even though i only ever saw him from the side or at the piano,he was mysterious,which i liked but i couldn't help but wonder what he's like behind the mask of this bar,if he's friendly and warm or if he's cruel and cold.

On the final day of my first shift week,i got the chance to see him in front of me, as the normal bar man wasn't in i had to stand in for him which was daunting as i barely knew how to keep food from falling in someone's lap.He walked over tall and confident which was bad enough and then he spoke, like he knew I existed like he noticed me.

'glass of water please mate' he asked,and i swear i almost fainted,it was smooth like butter and surprisingly kind.

With shaking hands i stumbled over to the tap filling the glass,my throat dry and hoarse as i walked back over.

I handed it to him looking down blushing pink,then he laughed,it was like bells chiming making me blush more.

'so you must be the new waiter hm?' he chuckled ' im surprised you even lasted this long,normally they kick em out before they even get a chance to make a drink'

i blush deeper,he's speaking to me,mysterious piano man is talking to me and hes being nice.

'I'm Laurence Beveridge,a failing,young musician from beccles,and you are?' He asked extending his hand.

'd d d drew Woolnough, a waiter in a bar thats way too good for him,also from beccles' i mutter.

'It's nice to meet you drew,you really are a sight aren't you hm?' He told me,caressing my cheek gently

'i ur um well' i begin to stutter nervously my throat drier than a desert.

Laurence smirked at me cheekily before walking back to the piano and beginning to play.

The piano isn't the only thing he wants to play,such a little encounter had such an impact on me,but how?