he was welcoming

Laurence was a blessing,that first week was difficult but with him guiding me i got through it alright.

We started having over the bar conversations on our breaks,normally over a cup of coffee or in laur's case, water.Our conversations varied in topics from favourite songs to our lives,i learnt things about his music and his life on his own or even drunk stories,he was so welcoming and i grew so comfortable with him but something happened one night that i didn't expect.

If there was anyone who made me comfortable it was laurence,his green eyes always had me mesmorised and his voice always had me melting,he was mysterious still but god one thing was for sure he was handsome.

One night we stayed late as there had been a huge party and it couldnt be cleaned by just one.

'So you recently moved to London didn't you?' Laurence asked out of the blue.

'Yep i couldn't stay at home,i love myparents dearly but it gets to a point when you need space i guess,i couldn't grow really' i sighed.

'Creatively or height wise' he chuckled ruffling my hair before continuing to sweep the floor.

'hey im not that short' i mutter blushing at the joke.

He walked up to me dropping the broom and lifting me up in the air  like Jonny did with baby in Dirty dancing,i remember screaming with delight and fear 'AHHH LAURENCE PUT ME DOWN TO GIANT PANDA'.

He chuckled again spinning me before putting me down slowly,dizzy me almost fell but he caught me smirking that cheeky smirk.

'Big things come in small packages my darling drew' he winked ' and you are perfect no matter how small you are,i can give you better cuddles when you're this small darling,'

I blushed bright pink trying to get my words out 'i i i i-' before i knew it the cold air was smacking me in the face,i was about to run but two arms enveloped me pulling me inside and against their chest.

'Hey' Laurence looked at me worried stroking my cheek as we sat down, ' did i scare you?' his face read worry and fear.

i couldn't get my words out and i just stayed quiet.

'Okay,im sorry if i scared you,i didn't mean to,heck you barely know me' he laughed nervously running a hand through his black hair,god i wished i was doing that,

' i tend to act on my feelings straight away,very spontaneous  and thats not always a good thing it's just-' I cut him off by taking his hand stroking a thumb over the back of it.

'Laurence,its not your fault,im just very timid i guess,i dont know why but i am,and thats not your fault,dont worry about it laur,its in the past' i smile shyly.

He pulled me close and kissed my forehead and muttered something that i didn't quite catch before continuing cleaning.

Thats how our night ended in silence  but a comfortable one.

He was welcoming and warm and thats all i needed to fall head over heels with him.

I had the time of my life that night,i really did.