He was Mine

Over the coming months we grew even closer,Adam grew more suspicious of us,watching with eagle eyes whenever we passed each other or even spoke of one another.

But we didn't let that stop us,as much as Adam hated it we would always leave together,stay behind together,we were joined at the hip.

As our love grew so did my confidence,i would talk to customers about laurence,about how much i loved him smiling whenever they would awww at it.

One night we were closing up,adam had left in a mood that night,didn't know why but anyway i digress.

'Hey drew?' Laurence asked sweetly slipping his arms around my waist as i sweeped the floor.

'Yes Laur?' i smiled back looking into his emerald eyes.

'would you like to come over to mine and coffee or something? we dont spend much time together after work and it must be so tiring to be alone' He leaned in muttering in my ear making me blush.

i think for a second 'Sure,im not doing anything anyway' i blush deeper before continuing to sweep.

We leave about 15 minutes later,hand in hand,coats wrapped tightly around ourselves,protecting us from the harsh,bitter weather outside.

'Drew?' Laurence smiles

'yeah laurence' I respond my breath cloudy in the air.

'Don't ever leave' he asks kissing my cheek as we walk.

I blushed a small smile gracing my lips as we arrive at his flat.

We hurry up the stairs escaping the jack frost,barely.

Laurence unlocked the door and pushes it open turning the light on.

'its not much but its something,its a place to live' Laurence sighs hanging up his coat.

'Laurence,its beautiful' i mutter looking around with wonder at the record plastered walls.

Laurence smiled watching me lovingly 'the wall that gives me hope,to contine to write and record and play,the reason i keep going,everyone starts somewhere'

I turned around smiling at him 'they sure do,laurence' i winked chuckling making him blush.

I chuckled to myself ' god you are so adorable when you blush laur' I smile kissing him on the cheek making his blush even brighter.

'i really don't Drew' he turns to me leaning in whispering something in my ear.

' but I know who would look good on me' he winked,his breath on my ear intoxicating making my heart race.

We sit down on the sofa with a small bottle of beer each.

'So Laurence,you haven't told me much about how you got here in wonderful London' I smile taking a sip from the bottle.

He smiles looking down blushing slightly 'well,i moved here a few years ago,i was getting very confind in my small hometown of beccles and followed the yellow brick road that ended up leading no where'  he sighed taking a sip.

'Wait,you're from Beccles? That's actually where I moved from!' I smiled chuckling.

Laurence looks at me in shock 'wow,we have more in common than I thought' he smiles shuffling closer.

'yes I guess you could say that' I blush.

We talked for about another hour or so when an interesting question popped up.

'Drew,this may be forward but did you leave anyone back there in Beccles like a partner or friends' He asks curiously.

'nope, I've actually never had a partner,guy or girl,I would ask people out but my craziness seems to be a little too much for them' I sigh 'why do you ask?'.

' sorry was that too forward?' He asked me with concern.

'no no it's okay,I don't mind laur' I smile taking his hand in mine.

The  first time,I saw him blush like a tomato and it was adorable.

'well,I was actually asking because,well,I think we should try it out,I mean like date,we've got so close and I think it's worth a shot right?'

That was the first time Laurence ever seemed nervous.

' yeah,I think I would like that' I smile blushing.

The rest of the night was spent talking like we normally did,no awkwardness or issues.

It got so late I had to stay over,but honestly I didn't want to leave.

He was mine and it made me feel invincible.