[ 2 ]

Astrid began her day at work, playing with her kids aka patients. One thing she loved about her job as a nurse was spending time with them. Most of these poor children had cancer and whenever one passed away, she would always attend their funerals, and give some honest company to their families for a whole week. Her job was to help them bathe, help them eat, help them with their homework if they were homeschooled, inject them, etc. Once, a whole family, including children under 12 were part of a car accident, and she had to take care of these beautiful kids, cleaning their wounds and even participating in a surgery. 

She smiled at her little patient who was speaking Korean as she was drawing a princess. The little girl showed her the figured printed on the paper and said that it was Astrid. She laughed softly as she wrapped her arm around the girl and thanked her as she kissed the top of her small head. When lunchtime came, she headed to the cafeteria and soon saw her not so friend who was also american join her.

¨Hey,¨ the girl said as she hugged the book she was carrying. She was a medium height, with black hair, green eyes and very nice. ¨How are you?¨ she asked as the two went to see the menu. Astrid sighed softly and long, as her eyes were reading the menu on the screen. ¨You alright?¨ Heather, Astrid's not so friend, asked.

¨Of course..¨ Astrid said under her breath as she took her glasses from her pocket of her white coat and puts them on, finally seeing the letters of the screen much better. ¨Why the question?¨ she glanced at Heather and looked back at the screen, deciding one last time on what to eat.

¨Just curious,¨ she answered and looks back at the screen. The two went to the line and waited for their turn to order their meal. Astrid took her tray and walked towards an empty table. She has denied Heather's offer to join her and her friends who also speak English. ¨Why don't you sit with us today?¨ she asked walking with her to her chosen table.

¨Uhm.. Thank you but.. maybe next time,¨ she answered and sat down, she looks at Heather who sighed softly but smiling, she nodded stepping back. She took her chopsticks when Heather left. Astrid started poking the food before eating. Since she is antisocial, that does not mean she is not nice to people, she is friendly but not the hey-let's-be-friends one. While she was eating, the auburn messy hair guy came up to her mind; the way he slided his hand through his hair while he was laughing was her favorite scene. She chews on the meat slowly and blinks, wondering if she was going to see him again.

Maybe not.. she thought picking up her drink with her free hand slowly. About 15 minutes later she stood up from her chair and picked her tray with the empty dirty dishes, she cleaned her throat as she walks towards the table with a few empty trays. Soon, she headed to the elevator to go to her section. Her day continued and still, the guy was on her mind the entire time.

                                                            ºººººººººº

Hiccup breathe out forming clouds as he was walking next to Taemin, who looked way to familiar and used to this cold weather. The two went around Korea after stopping by his apartment to grab his camera, and he was so in love with the views that he took bunch of pics. Still, his head felt like it was missing a puzzle, it was the very first time he hand't take a picture of something he really liked, the girl, the beautiful blonde girl. It was already 8:00 pm and he was tired, so the two were walking down the streets to go back to Tae's apartment.