2: J'onn

Alex walked out of Kara's room, struggling to stop the water from flowing down her face. I walked up to her and pulled her into an embrace. She was like a daughter to me. Her and Kara. And it agonized me to see my daughters in pain.

I let Alex go and turned to walk into Kara's room. It was my turn to say goodbye. I stepped in and the door closed behind me. " Hello Kara" I smiled lightly at her floating in her tube. It was Alex's idea to move her into the DEO instead of Mon-els ship. I did what she told me because at this point she was still on high alert with making sure Kara came out of that tube alive. Not so much anymore.

"Alex feels guilty" I tell her lifeless body "She says that she's basically killing you. I tell her it's good that we are doing this. It's good we are letting you go." I stopped for a minute and then continued. "Do you think she believes Me? I don't even believe me. How can She? Of course I don't wanna say goodbye. I've already lost two daughters I don't want to loose another."

Im not sure what to say, so i spat out "Winn isn't taking this so good." I stop as if I'm waiting for her to respond,  and when she doesn't I continue, "when Alex told him we were disconnecting you, he basically attacked her. Don't worry no one was hurt. Well except Winn" I smile sheepishly to myself.

I walk up to her tube. "There are a lot of people counting on you. And you don't even get to decide if you want to live anymore. And I'm sorry for that." I begin to feel tears welt in my eyes "but your sister needs closure. And if you decide you don't want your life anymore, if you decide it's to hard to fight, your sister will be broken. She'll be more broken then she is now." I felt the tear trickle down my cheek. "I can't lose you both Kara. I-I hope that you understand ."

I stop once again hoping for some miracle to happen. But nothing does. I frown and then watch as she floats up and down, thinking of what else to say and then I realize,

"Jeremiah would be proud of you Kara. He would be so proud of the wonderful women you have become. I understand the last time you saw him he did something unspeakable, but he still loves you and would be here to say goodbye if he could, I know it" I smile

"I'm glad I was there for you when he couldn't be. And I'm glad that you let me in. I know in the beginning we had a bit of a rocky start but things worked out as they should have." I stop once again.

"If you wake up before the plug gets pulled, we will be here for you. For everything you have been through, and everything that you're going through, we will be here. I promise. I understand that you have been having problems with Mon-el being back, but that's okay. We will help you through it. Just come back to us." I place my hand on the glass

" Can I tell you a secret? " I ask, no reply "He still loves you Kara. He told me himself. He told me that there was nothing logical about loving you, but he does . If that changes your mind at all, then just come back to us. " when I got no reply I decide it was time for my final goodbye. I let go of the glass and stand there.

"Since it doesn't look like your coming back, I think it's time for your proper goodbye." My eyes start to weten again "when you and your sister became a part of my life, you became a part of me and my world. And I would do anything to protect you two" tears began to fall "I'm so sorry I wasn't there to pr-protect you. But don't worry, I will take good care of Alex. Goodbye Supergirl. Have a safe flight" I smile and walk out. Heading for the bathroom.

I don't need everyone at the DEO see me cry, so I clean my self and walk back out. I watch as Lena Luther walks in.

"Excuse me." I call "can I help you?"

Her face is stiff and dry, she looks as if she was crying. "James told me everything, I'm here to say goodbye to Kara. " she told me, holding back tears.

I showed her to Kara's room and she stepped in. It was her turn to say goodbye.