Chapter 4

"What courses did you get enrolled into?." Olivia asked as they headed towards their first class from the principal's office. They had been given their classes and schedules on papers. Claire was quite happy with what she got into. Before the start of the year, every student was supposed to submit their choices of classes to the registration office. Then according to their grades, they would be registered into their selected classes.

Claire had submitted her form stating that she wanted all of the ten courses available. Luckily, she had been granted her request, mostly because of her outstanding grades. However, due to her high absence level from school last year, she was let out with a warning. That hadn't been her fault though. It wasn't her fault when she got a "burning-attack" in the middle of the class, which caused her red skin burn like heated iron. She would turn blind from the pain that would lead to her mother being called and taken back home.

Claire handed her paper to Olivia who started reading out loud. "English Literature, Town History, Dental Dreams, Arts and design, Town Geography, Physical education D section, Intro to Zeniology, Pottery, Sociology and Dreamography."  Olivia fell silent as they reached the first floor hallway. It was already empty, indicating students had already gone for their classes. They were late. 

"I thought you hated Physical Education. And why would you take so many humanities?"  Olivia gaped as they stopped for a while in the hallway. 

"Principal Samuel is the reason behind this.  I wanted to take science courses instead but he thinks that I should take something I like. "  Claire sighed. 

"Ohh it all starts again. Your and his philosophies on life. Listen Claire, no offence but these courses won't let you go anywhere. I mean----"

Olivia's advice was drowned in Claire's thoughts. She had never felt this happy about her decisions before. Butterflies bumped against her stomach wall stimulating her excitement.  Claire felt grateful for listening to the principal's advice. He had always been very supportive towards her and adviced her like a father would to his daughter.

"Take that what you think you are really good at." He had adviced her after Claire had presented her detailed course plan. She had intended to take every possible science subject like Chemistry, Physics and Biology. "But sir, I am already doing that."

"Then why can't I find that expression on your face?" The principal smiled at her warmly. "What kind of expression sir?"  Claire knew that once again this man who had been her mentor from since she joined high school, was aware of her insecurities more than ever.

"I don't see the bliss." He smiled. "You see, when you do something that makes you feel happy, your whole mind and heart gets filled with this fluid of happiness that makes your face shine."

"But you know I don't have a choice. If I take these science subjects I can get a vocational degree and---"  

"---And get a good job and a house to live in. Yeah Yeah I know. Just like you are unhappy with your mother and sister in your house, ten years later you will still be unhappy."  

Claire stared at him open mouthed. How can he just predict her future? "You see, everyone of us is born for a purpose. The elements that you are made of are capable to vibrate with your feelings. When you feel happy or more like in a bliss, your body vibrates with a positive energy. That's what you call euphoria. Pure happines. When you achieve that, then the money will come without you running after it."

"I have always watched you to be in your bliss when you draw, or write something of your own thoughts. Think a little about your bliss Claire. Give your elements a chance to vibrate." The room had then turned silent and Claire had taken her decision. She knew that this man would never play with her mind.