Chapter 10

1- As you all know that this is a rough draft and I keep changing things, let me inform you of what I have changed a bit:

2- In chapter 9 I changed the number of classes that Claire would attend per day. instead of five its two.  I changed this mainly to include a bit more details about every course as I can without making the reader feel bored. After all its classes. Classes make people bored. :P

3- I dedicate this book to the most amazing reader Reece. I wouldn't be continuing to write this story with much enthusiasm if it wasn't for his comments and votes. Thank you so much for being such an active reader. 

4- Check out his book "Malo Hibbins and the Youthful Darkness." :) 

5- Hope you enjoy this chapter. Let me know in the comments below. Any ideas? Any critiques?

If Claire had to choose between Raven calling her a ketchup face and this situation, she would choose the former. At least Raven was true to her in making her life as miserable as possible.  She was angry for thinking even for a second that Derek could be trusted.

 Just because he did not make fun of her appearance didn't really mean that he wouldn't hurt her. Here she was, Claire heartbroken from all these years of abuse trying to convince Derek how much her secret meant to her. All that mattered to Derek however, was to trade it for something that would still lead to the same consequence as that of her secret being revealed. Claire felt stupid for believing that he would understand.

 She grabbed her wet bag and walked over to the door, creating more muddy prints with her shoes. She hoped the school janitor cleaned this mess before the students arrived here. Not only would they get more reasons and names to call her, but she would be called to the principal’s office for this unintended mess.

“Hey wait, you can’t leave like this. I’m serious.” Claire just moved away in time before he could reach out for her arm and stop her.

“Don’t you dare touch me” She hissed. He backed away, startled with her over reaction.

Claire threw her bag on the nearby chair, drops of water splattering on her face. It made her teeth chatter and she fell the drops freeze on her face. She hadn’t even noticed that it was freezing inside the room. Her eyes fell on the white air conditioning system stuck up on the front wall. Why would anyone even use an air conditioning system in this storm? 

Derek stood near the entrance blocking it with his arms. “You’re not leaving unless I get my answer.” He folded his arms and stood in front of the exit, barricading it.

 Feeling resigned to his behaviour, Claire flopped herself down on a nearby chair. She stared down at the white marble floor. Despite the mud covering it, she could see half of her wobbly reflection on the marble surface. “Have it your way then.” She spoke hoarsely, not looking at him.

They both remained silent. There was no way that Derek could get his wish. "What do you mean?" He asked looking confused.  She just glared back at him in response.

Claire decided to clear up her bag from the old hate notes till classes were over. She dug her hand into it and felt a thick powdery paste on her fingers. There were several yellow and blue post it notes that had mixed up together forming a gross paste. There was a time when she used to read each and every note. Each time she read one, her heart would shatter into pieces. It was strange to have become used to these notes that now she just ignored them.

“You can actually turn this colored paper into chalk. I actually did that when I was a kid. It was really cool. Proper recycling of this stuff.”  Derek interrupted her thoughts.