Chapter 7 - never enough + meeting new people

P.T. had this crazy idea that he lets Jenny Lind perform at the best opera Theater. Most agreed with him. It was opening night. Everywhere was full. I was sitting in P.T. box when I saw the others down where I just couldn't see them. I move down to them and asked Phillip why they were there.
"P.T. wanted them to be down here because it was to visible in his box" Phillip says with sadness in his eyes
This gets me really mad.
"He can't bloody do that!" I exclaimed accidentally making everyone flinch.
"Sorry, but if you guys are here I'm with you too" I mutter
"Does that mean you'll be in the show?" Phillip asks
"Yeah ...... no" I give him the death stare.
The lights go off and P.T. walks on stage.
"Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for your patience. I recently had the privilege of hearing the most divine voice... I've ever heard. Now, I know that sounds like Barnum humbug... but I have a 100 bottles of good champagne on ice that says that this is not just another sideshow novelty. May I present, the Swedish Nightingale... Miss Jenny Lind." He says while everyone mutters something's bad about the man to other people.
Jenny Lind goes on stage in this expensive yellow/gold dress that drags on the ground behind her. The music starts and the whispers about P.T. stop. Lind starts to sing an okay song.
I'm trying to hold to my breath
let it stay that way.
Can't let this moment end.
You set off a dream with me.
Getting louder now.
Can you hear it echoing?
Take my hand.
I fill someone sliding into my hands. I look down to see Phillip's hand in mine in an awkward angle. I pull a 'really' face at him. He shrugs and looks towards the stage. I roll my eyes and listen to the rest of the song.
Will you share this with me?
'Cause darling without you.
All the shine of a thousand spotlights.
All the stars we steal
from the night sky
will never be enough
never be enough.
Towers of gold are still too little.
These hands could hold the world
but it will never be enough
never be enough
for me!
never, never,
never, never,
never for me.
never enough,
never enough,
never enough,
for me, for me
for me.
I feel a light tugging in the hand Phillip has got. I shrug it off like it never happened. Knowing why he did it. I see Anne walk away and decide to follow her.
"Anne what's up"
"Nothing, i just could not listen to that and Phillips parents look at me in disgust" she muttered the last part but I could just hear it.
" look, I know how you feel but sometimes we just have to ignore it" I say giving her advice I tell myself everyday.
She nods "I think I might go home, call it a night" this time I nod and watch her leave. I go back to Jenny finishing her 3:26 long song.
never enough for me
for me, for me
for me.
Damn Have to admit she can sing. I join the claps and go join up with Charity and the girls .
We join P.T. and get some drinks when P.T. stops me.
"Hey Iris, I think you should stay out here until the party is over" he says with a sincere look.
"What? Why?" I exclaim
"It's just I don't think these type of people are ready to see you. I mean i don't think there ready to see a weird person like you" he says. His eyes widened as he realised what he said. I clenched my fists together controlling my anger.
" I'm so sor-" he starts before I cut him off
"No I get it. Your normal. Those people are normal. But me? No I'm just a freak like the other people I care about. The People you use just to be famous, to get revenge on Charity's parents and get money" I say calmly getting angrier every sentence. I didn't wait for a response I walked away.
I decided to go to the graveyard where everyone I loved got buried. On my way there I see a little girl getting beat up by the thugs who beat me up. Being the great person I am, I grab the girl and shield her. I guess the thugs recognised me as I did them and hit me harder than ever before. I don't mind if I get hurt, as long as the kid is safe I'm okay with it. Once the thugs had grown tired or noticed that I didn't react. But to be honest I hurt a lot. The tells me the coast is clear of thugs and helps me on to the steps of a church next tot he graveyard.
"Thanks" I struggle to say.
"No problem I know who you are. Your from the circus right?" She asks shyly I give her a weak nod.
"Thanks for saving me from them. They did it because I was different" she says shyly.
I now can see that she looks like me but with green eyes and purple hair.
"What's your name?"
"My name is Ellie" she says quietly.
I giver her a slight smile,
"What are you even doing here anyway?" Ellie asks looking towards the graveyard.
"I was going to see my loved ones until I saw them beating you up" I explain then I explained everything including when I was a baby.  We talk some more about our lives and find out that we have a lot in common. As we were heading home I remembered one thing. I had a half sister when i was 7.
"Wait do you remember your dad?" I ask
"Um not really he died when I was 2" she says
"There is a slight possibility that your my half sister" I say
"Wait I remember mum saying I had a half sister too and she described her just how you look!" She gives me a deathly hug. I laugh and hug her back Lightly not wanting her to know I was still in pain. We stayed at the graveyard for a few more minutes until I noticed Ellie was asleep on me. With all my strength I picked her up and carried her to the mansion P.T. got. We are limited with rooms even though it's a bloody big mansion. I share with P.T. and Charity. They have a double bed while I have a single bed that just fits me in the corner. I put Ellie on my bed and tuck her in. Meanwhile I make a bed on the floor, I am after all used to it. While I go to sleep I couldn't help but smile. I had found another part of my family.