Chapter 8 - This is me

I woke up with someone tapping me gently on the shoulder. i slowly open my eyes to find Ellie on me with the look of fear. i hug her and i feel her relax. i wonder what she was afraid of. i soon found out. P.T is behind her with Charity with his arms crossed and a raised eyebrow. i give him a weak smile. Charity is smiling at us. i release the hug.

"Ellie, this is P.T Barnum and Charity Barnum.. they are not going to hurt you." i whisper in her ear. she nods understanding.  i use a head sign to charity who offers Ellie a hand. Ellie hesitates but takes her hand. They make their way to the circus.

"What the hell, why do we have her?" he shouts. i flinch at his tone.

"she is my half sister" i whisper looking at the ground before running to catch up with the girls. we finish watching the others performing this is me. i could see Anne looking towards Phillip at times. 

Once the show was finished i hung out with the others and introduced them to Ellie. they excepted her. why wouldn't they anyway. We were laughing when P.T runs out leaving Phillip on his own. 

" what's going on?" i ask him

"oh, his just leaving us for that Jenny Lind" he spits in disgust.  I ask Lettie if she could look after Ellie for a bit while i was out. i got a small nod and told Ellie i would be out for a bit.

I rushed off to the cinema. While i was at the counter getting my ticket, the man gave me two. 

"umm i'm pretty sure i'm one person." i say

"no, it's for me too" i hear Phillip say. great, when i thought i could get a break.

"i wasn't sure you'd come if i asked" he says i roll my eyes and walk up the stairs

"i've never been to the cinema before" i state

i was about to have a great time when Phillips parents ruined it. they said they were ashamed to call him their son. i didn't want to split up his family so i said sorry to them and left.

i met with Anne and we practiced tightropes and all. she left when Phillip came in.