Chapter 11 - Fire

Going back to the last performance before an accident happened.

We finish our performance. This time it was good. No throwing of things. Clapping and cheering. Phillip was interacting with kids while I get changed into normal things. Ellie was beside me with her hand in mine. I give her a squeeze before I let go of it. I hear a commotion in the ring.
"Elllie, stay here okay" she gives me a nod.
As I thought, Phillip and the usual thugs are arguing.
"Is there a problem?" I ask
"Yeah there is, we want you to get out of 'ere ya freak" one of them spits
Trying not to take it too personally I smile at them
"Well sometimes we don't get what we want sir so I'm gonna have to ask you to leave" that got me a punch in the face. As if on cue, my little friends start to fight them thing are going to get hairy.
I think one got thrown into the ropes of the trapeze, but what I didn't know was that they saw a little candle and set the place on fire. We rush out of the circus. Phillip realised that Anne was still in there when I realised Ellie wasn't to be found. Phillip distracted everyone by going into the building, as I went into the back. Just as the roof collapsed, I found Ellie. She had taken in a lot of smoke and was burn't everywhere. Not only that but she had a giant pole on her. With all my strength I lifted the pole up and pushed her aside where the pole didn't land. I started to cough some smoke up. I can't give up now. Gosh it's very hot in here. I saw Phillip and P.T. Well P.T carrying Phillip. So I wait til they had gone. Which luckily wasn't long. I made it out as Phillip was put on a stretcher.
"Ellie!" I hear Helen shout.
"Iris!" I hear Caroline shout.
I smile at them. I put Ellie on a stretcher. The doctors check her pulse. I didn't hear what happened. But saw them shaking their heads. I was in tears before I black out.